+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I see why you're worried. The lack of sleep wont help you with your new job role for sure. Did you ring a sleep school yet? I am curious what they have to say about this.
    As I said, I had a friend of mine with a 2yo who did this and he eventually grew out of it. Though she was completely run down at the end of it.
    The use of the plastic mats was just to help her change the bed quicker, but it didn't really stopped him vomiting all together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, we wouldn't qualify would we? I mean this hasn't been happening for weeks and weeks on end.....

We couldn't handle waiting that long

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh yes ds1 went through the forced vomitting and MIL used to laugh because of the funny noise he made so he got amusement out of it too and continued for a while until he stopped getting the attention.

And ds2 is going through it now but it's big brother that thinks it's funny so the cycle continues...

Thanks
    Reviews
    you poor thing how do you handle it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    May I ask what state you live in? If you're in NSW, you can call Karitane and Tresillian 24/7 with any problems you have. Whether its something that happened just today or for weeks/months/years, it doesn't matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am in Tassie. I am taking DS to the Dr tomorrow and see what she has to say and call the sleep school in the afternoon.

DS is quite relaxed and whinging a bit less. Am doing lots of positive reinforcement and have lavender oil in a burner and given him some sleepy time tea.

Shower time soon then massage and books!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rooibos tea seems to be good for night. I usually only give DS warm milk and/or water from 4pm til bed time.

DS has Sensory Processing Disorder, so it is important that he goes to bed relaxed as he will sleep well in that case. If he's anxious or hyperactive, he wont sleep at all.
    Our routine is:
    Shower first as showers always seem to refresh and re-energize him.
    Then TV is turned off and we have a quiet dinner.
    Then it is nappy change, pj's on and tooth brushing.
    Then I get DS to pick 3 books to read and we go sit on the couch while I turn on a particular CD of Enya called "Stars" (This is part of a box set called "A box of dreams". I use this particular CD as it is all quiet dream music and nothing happy/upbeat).

He sits on my lap most of the time during story time. While I read, I gently rub his palms with my thumb as this will relax ANY child or adult lol.
    Combine this with the music and by the end of the last book, he is jello.
    I put him to bed and put the same CD on in his room.
    I say the same rhyme each time he goes to bed and lie with him for a few minutes until he's about to fall asleep.
    He usually sleeps between 10 and 12 hours each night.

If I can't stick to the routine for some reason, it's not a big drama. As long as he has the story, music and bedtime cuddle, he's ok.

I really think that talking to a Child Health Nurse at the sleep clinic, or at your local early childhood health center, would be a good idea to get some tips about routines and how to try to get him to stop vomiting.

Goodluck hun. Let us know what the doctor says

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds like a great routine. Will have to try to the palm massage!

Telly was off here from 6.30 dinner was earlier too not that he ate much.

Then shower, had lavender oil burning, the stories in his room, I had a mattress set up in there too.

When I put him in his new bed the crying started but I talked to him about his new bed and he stopped crying! He did stay there for a bit then hoped down with me on the floor.

After that I stopped reading and lay down and promptly fell asleep! I assume he fell asleep not much longer as I woke up 20 mins later and he was asleep next to me.

Have transferred him to his own bed and hoping like crazy that he sleeps through!!!

I don't want to re-introduce a night time cd if I can avoid it as we have just gotten him off that and we are wanting to take him camping etc in summer and will be very hard with cd player, night light and the rest required for him!

I will add child health nurse to the list too!

My DS had a fall at childcare the other week and got a big bump on the back of his head, had no bad symptoms etc but could this be a delayed reaction to the fall?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did the bump coincide with the vomiting at night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump was on wed and I think vomiting started on the Sunday night