+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaybaby View Post
    My best friends daughter went through a phase of doing this. It was purely attention seeking. The LO discovered that if she vomits (it started with genuine sick vomiting) she got lots of attention, cuddles, more stories and delayed bed

They eventually resolved it by making the changing of the sheets and clothes a very boring, calm affair with no eye contact. Tucked her back into the cot, said goodnight and left the room. It took perserverance, but she got the message and eventually went off to sleep without the shenannigans

^this. I wondered if it is completely a delay tactic. Try putting towels over the sheets, then when he vomits, just remove towels and clean up. No cuddling, or attention, just get it cleaned in a matter of fact way. You don't need to ignore, but no fluff, then leave.

May be worth giving a go if you believe it is purely attention

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does he do the vomit thing for his day sleeps? Is it just you putting him to bed during the day? If he isnt vomiting during his day sleeps and only doing it at night it really does sound like attention seeking.

Same with my DS.....it was purely attention seeking. He was ill one day and of course got all the kisses, cuddles, etc and worked out if he does it he can get out of whatever the situation is. Usually finishing dinner.

It sucks and its frustrating because of all the cleaning that you need to do but if you have ruled out anything medical from your GP then it gotta be attention seeking and trying to delay bedtime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does he have a bottle at any other time during the day? Only asking because at about the same age dd1 started throwing up after a bottle. It seemed that the teat got too small and was making air in her tummy and combined with the milk meant it all came up a few minutes later. She realised the bottle was making her sick and was happy not to have it again.

Hope you figure it out soon

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    • cealz

He mainly has bottles between 4 and 5 each day - am wanting to cut him back down and use sippy cups.

• Michelle_N

Its only for night sleep, day sleep he sleeps when he is tired and not a forced nap time.
    • Today, 07:36
      moongazer
      Originally Posted by Kaybaby
      My best friends daughter went through a phase of doing this. It was purely attention seeking. The LO discovered that if she vomits (it started with genuine sick vomiting) she got lots of attention, cuddles, more stories and delayed bed

They eventually resolved it by making the changing of the sheets and clothes a very boring, calm affair with no eye contact. Tucked her back into the cot, said goodnight and left the room. It took perserverance, but she got the message and eventually went off to sleep without the shenannigans

^this. I wondered if it is completely a delay tactic. Try putting towels over the sheets, then when he vomits, just remove towels and clean up. No cuddling, or attention, just get it cleaned in a matter of fact way. You don't need to ignore, but no fluff, then leave.

May be worth giving a go if you believe it is purely attention

We are looking at a toddler bed to try and will tweak his routine a bit now, no TV from start of dinner time, nor noisy toys. bottle earlier too and only taking water to bed.

Any other suggestions would be great and sorry if I missed any I ended up waking up sick last night and running on very little sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok so we now have a toddler bed in his room - cot is still in there too just in case!

Please new ideas for bedtime - so wish us luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    NOw you have a bed, I would just lie down with him to go to sleep. Everyone is calm that way <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    NOw you have a bed, I would just lie down with him to go to sleep. Everyone is calm that way <3
    Bed only goes up to 23kgs i don't think that counts me too lol. but he will have his stories in bed and I will hang out with him.

He watched it being set up and climbed on and off and was happy enough.

He is napping now (no not in new bed as still reorganising) but will show him again when he wakes up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So bedtime started at 7.30ish I have only just left my son's room. One nice big power chuck later....with shower then settle back into bed. I fall asleep on the floor briefly

New suggestions or at least some hope that this wont last

Thanks
    Reviews
    As some have suggested, did you try to put a plastic mat and a towel under him and just quickly clean it up with no words said and eye contact made?
    I know a friend of mine used to put like a bed wetting mat and sometimes just a plastic thin change mat (that comes with nappy bags) and then put a soft towel over it. Made bedchanging a simple 1 minute matter.

Does he have any soft lullabies playing in the background? DS refuses to go to sleep unless he has a specific Enya and/or Fisher price CD on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well yes we do that but he is not a gentle spewer....it splatters all over the bed and floor etc so unless i coat the room in rubbish bags it only helps so much

he used to have a cd but we stopped that a few months ago, he didnt even notice

he now has spent the day screeching and has pretty much lost his voice. and has almost completely lost his voice.

so now he won't be at day care either. He seems to have lost all his words and just screams at me. I ignored him until he said up rather than screaming at me and we are now watching a cartoon together.

I have spent all day with him except for when he napped....why is he doing this?

I am taking him to the dr tomorrow as I won't be able to leave him at child care like this. unfortunately i have only been in new job role for a month (same company) and a big thing they asked me was if I am actually turning up to work rather than caring for my son

I think I am going to have a mental break down if I dont perform in this role and go back to my old ****ty job that I was about to be fired from