+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default BJ City Select Opinions

Hi all,
    I'm new here, am currently 16weeks pregnant with my first baby and have been stalking the forum for a while but finally decided to bite the bullet and actually post. I hope this is posted in the right place, apologies if it's in the wrong spot!

I've been looking at prams/strollers and am completely overwhelmed. Initially looked the Emmaljunga Nitro but after seeing it in person decided it was just too big and heavy for me, now I'm liking the Baby Jogger City Select. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on whether this stroller would be good for a first child or if it's really only appropriate for more than one child? I like the fact that it has 4 wheels and is relatively light and easy to fold. I don't know if I should consider the City Mini because although it's also light and easy to fold I'd prefer a 4 wheeler.

I'm really short (150cm), so being able to actually fold and lift a stroller is proving difficult; any opinions on whether the City Select will suit me or any other recommendations would be hugely appreciated! FYI I'm looking for something that can ideally be used for a newborn to toddler as I'd love to buy just one stroller that will last ( wishful thinking?).

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Are you thinking about having another close together? If not have a look at the baby jogger city versa it's a combo of the city mini and the city select

I have been waiting for it to come out (it's being released in Aus in September) since April and very nearly bought the city select our of desperation but it is very long for a single pram and IMO unless you are 100% sure your going to go again soon I would go with the versa. Oh I've decided to get mine from overseas as they aren't doing it in silver in Aus and I'll save $200.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks SO much for your reply! Just had a look at the Versa and it looks like the perfect combo of the Mini and Select, so happy and relieved!

If you don't mind, could I ask if you're buying yours online and if so, where? Also where can I find info about the Australian release?

Thanks again!!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Faye14 View Post
    Thanks SO much for your reply! Just had a look at the Versa and it looks like the perfect combo of the Mini and Select, so happy and relieved!

If you don't mind, could I ask if you're buying yours online and if so, where? Also where can I find info about the Australian release?

Thanks again!!
    I know it is isn't it! I'm in the middle of ordering it from babyontherun they have quoted me $165 for postage through a courier the pram with the snack tray (my dd is 1yr) and the parent console came to just over $500. Babies direct (Aus site) are doing just the pram for $750 + $50 for the console and snack tray. From memory the bumper bay is the same price as the snack tray.

Bare in mind if you buy from overseas you don't get an Aus warranty do if anything goes wrong you have to send it back overseas yourself.

Oh you can check out the Australian baby jogger Facebook page for more info also have a squiz at the American one, it's jut called baby jogger. There is a bit of info if you google as well, I know they are bringing out a version overseas with the forever air tyres (like on the city
    Mini gt).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thermolicious you're such a star; I seriously can't thank you enough for your help!

Wondering what are people's opinions on the forever air tyres? I probably won't be going "off road" much, if at all. I'd probably be using the stroller mostly on sidewalks and in shopping centres, and occasionally in the park, do you guys think the forever air tyres are necessary?

Also this is probably a stupid question but I've seen some sites advertise the City Versa GT, is the GT the version with forever air wheels?

Finally can anyone recommend good UK/ European sites that will ship to Aus?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The City Mini does come in a 4 wheel version. But it isn't reversible like the Versa & Select are.

I had been wondering the same thing, about whether to just get a Select in the first place. But I am not even pregnant yet. Just wishful planning.

There is a NZ website who sells them and ships to Australia for free, if you spend over a certain amount. Saves you a little bit over buying here, and might then have a warranty that could be honoured (not sure on that).