I haven't tried gift of sleep but I have tried SOS.
Below are some tippers for common things that folks sometimes forget, which messes up SOS (might give you some ideas):
- use a comforter with your smell
- if bub isn't sleepy at the scheduled times try moving up a routine early (larger babies move through them faster). If bub isn't tired enough they may only sleep one cycle. (half hour or so)
- dont use sleep aids (feeding to sleep, dummy, rocking etc). These can cause sleep association problems and wakings after a sleep cycle/through the night.
- if you can follow the self settling advice (a bit of crying) try to stick it out for 1-2 days. You may just have a new bub afterwards...
- consider upping food (eg adding protein, going to 3 meals per day). If bub isn't full bub won't sleep properly.
- it can take up to 1 week for changes to routines to settle down. Whinging might last the first few days depending.