+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breast Milk for Cancer Patient

Hello Everyone,
    I have just joined bubhub because my husband has cancer and we are seeking breast milk for him. We have read a study from Gothenberg University which claims that breast milk will kill cancer cells.
    We are praying that someone in Northern NSW has an excess of milk we can try. I have contacted the mothers milk bank but they only supply babies so we are looking for a kind soul to help us out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cant help you myself but there is Human Milk 4 Human Babies groups on facebook that you could join and post on. Someone there may be keen to assist?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little_P For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Have you looked at lactating? Perhaps call ABA if this is a route you are willing to try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP firstly I am very sorry you are going through this.
    My mother died of cancer in 2008 and one of my biggest regrets (wrong word ???) is that I was breastfeeding a child at the time she was fighting and sick and it wasn't until after she had passed that I read an article where a daughter was supplying her father who was fighting cancer with breast milk. Her father ended up winning his battle.

I wish you all the luck in finding a supply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Vava, where are you located? I'm actually near Newcastle but we could organise a courier or I could possibly talk my hubby into a road trip!

I'm nursing a 4.5 month old, no medications, non-smoker/non-drinker, can get a copy of pregnancy bloods. I have a good supply but haven't really been pumping for a freezer stash yet so I'd have to start pumping ASAP. PM me if you think I might be able to help, otherwise I second looking for Human Milk 4 Human Babies NSW on Facebook.

Best of luck finding a stash!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to albear For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (13-08-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (12-08-2012),heeeeerekittykitty  (12-08-2012),lovesushi  (12-08-2012),withloveandlimits  (12-08-2012)