+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlesAwait View Post
    I left him to it to figure it out but realised, how would he know any of that stuff if he's not had to do it before and I'd never explained it to him.
    But who explained it to you? Men shouldn't get a free pass just because someone isn't spoon feeding them (pardon the pun).

Edit: sorry just realised this came across quite abrupt. I mean no offense, I just get exasperated sometimes with this view that men need their partners to tell them how to be a parent
    Last edited by Northerly; 12-08-2012 at 12:59.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northerly For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (13-08-2012),delirium  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerly View Post
    But who explained it to you? Men shouldn't get a free pass just because someone isn't spoon feeding them (pardon the pun).

Edit: sorry just realised this came across quite abrupt. I mean no offense, I just get exasperated sometimes with this view that men need their partners to tell them how to be a parent
    ITA I don't feel the need to baby my DH with parenting. He has a brain and it uses it. We are lucky we see eye to eye 99% of time on parenting so that makes it easier. He makes mistakes, I make mistakes. We are a team and our kids have 2 parents. He uses common sense and so do I...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerly View Post

No it wasn't abrupt at all. Well no one taught. E but I learnt by feeding her a number of times and made mistakes myself. The first time I gave it to her cold like my DH did his first time and she didn't like it so next time I heated it up. I also used a cloth bib to wipe up the spills but didn't realise it wouldn't come out until I washed it and it didn't come out.

So I learnt by experience, and he would have too if he had done all the feeds up until then.

It also comes back to in so many cases there's no right way, just a preferred way of doing things. 2 minute noodles for breakfast is more of a common sense thing I'd say though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do believe that big parental decisions need to be made by both parents. But meal choices are a funny thing. Some parents are out of the home all week during the day and are often unaware of what happens during this time in regards to portions and food options.

When dd2 was in hospy for a week - I was with her and as it was sudden I didn't pack meals as I did for dd1 when dd2 was born.

Dd1 had combinations of food that I would not do. And if she didn't eat it then DH would offer alternative after alternative. It wasn't what I would do but she survived.

Ie I was out yest and left a chicken curry/rice for lunch for both of them. Turned out they went to a park via a bakery and had sausage rolls for lunch instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyaboutbubs View Post
    I have a serious 2 minute noodle craving.
    Me too