+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For the people who said 2 minute noodles aren't breakfast food, you never met me as a teenager... Yes I know that wasn't long ago (I am only 23) but at one point the only way my mum could get me to eat breakfast was by letting me eat noodles.

Also have any of you realised that you are seriously bagging a lot of men out? I know of situations where the father has taken to parenting better than the mother. The mother can't be bothered doing housework or food or anything properly whereas the father worked, did the feeds, did the housework and the washing so that their child can at least wear clean clothes... It does happen

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartiecat View Post
    No talking about the parents questioning each other ... Not strangers.
    I sometimes question my husband, for example if he is in a cranky mood because he's had a big day at work I will pull him up if I think he is being short with the children. I would question him if he fed them crap for breakfast, and I would expect the same treatment from him. We have evolved as parents together, we are both learning and we can both learn from each other, that is why we need to sometimes question each other...

Thanks
    Reviews
    No talking about the parents questioning each other ... Not strangers.
    I would very much hope a father would question his partner/wife's parenting if he had concerns.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (11-08-2012),Ellewood  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree ... Whose children are they?? Why is it ok to constantly question a fathers parenting? Would it be ok for him to do the same???
    Are you kidding?? Mums get criticised and questioned constantly!!

ow and maybe the fact that women who have very 'hands-on' hpartners consider themselves 'lucky' really says it all...
    Last edited by Ellewood; 11-08-2012 at 14:59.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (11-08-2012),shelle65  (11-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smidget3004 View Post
    For the people who said 2 minute noodles aren't breakfast food, you never met me as a teenager... Yes I know that wasn't long ago (I am only 23) but at one point the only way my mum could get me to eat breakfast was by letting me eat noodles.

Also have any of you realised that you are seriously bagging a lot of men out? I know of situations where the father has taken to parenting better than the mother. The mother can't be bothered doing housework or food or anything properly whereas the father worked, did the feeds, did the housework and the washing so that their child can at least wear clean clothes... It does happen

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Yes you're right it does happen. I guess we were just relating about our experiences and the complaints we do often hear from friends etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    XDP is very hands on with DS. He takes parenting very seriously, and we talk daily about our son, what he's eaten, his routine etc. I expect XDP to raise our son in a similar style to me, and vice versa. If he did something like give him noodles for breakfast (he never would), it would be because he's just being very lazy, which has nothing to do with the fact that he's a man. I don't think men are incapable or don't 'get it'. I treat them the same as I would a woman, I expect them to be responsible adults.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (11-08-2012),shelle65  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    XDP is very hands on with DS. He takes parenting very seriously, and we talk daily about our son, what he's eaten, his routine etc. I expect XDP to raise our son in a similar style to me, and vice versa. If he did something like give him noodles for breakfast (he never would), it would be because he's just being very lazy, which has nothing to do with the fact that he's a man. I don't think men are incapable or don't 'get it'. I treat them the same as I would a woman, I expect them to be responsible adults.
    I certainly don't think men are incapable either... I'm sure others don't either and I haven't seen it suggested here... But I'm also sure all the women out there complaining aren't lying! In fact I probably think the opposite as it often builds up and up before they vent it out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not saying men are incapable, or even that they don't try, just that there seems to be less expectation on them to be as active as women in the day to day of raising their child.

I agree, there seems to be the constant comments of 'oh I'm so lucky my partner is a hands on dad'!!

Really?
    Men are just as capable as women, and it's going to be just as much a learning curve for me as it is for my DF when our baby is born. While I don't expect him to carry an equal share of duties while he's working and I'm home, I do expect him to know about our child's routines, needs and be as hands on as he can be.

In fact, I expect him to want to, it's his baby too

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jesssalee For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (11-08-2012),Sarelou  (11-08-2012),shelle65  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssalee View Post
    I am not saying men are incapable, or even that they don't try, just that there seems to be less expectation on them to be as active as women in the day to day of raising their child.

I agree, there seems to be the constant comments of 'oh I'm so lucky my partner is a hands on dad'!!

Really?
    Men are just as capable as women, and it's going to be just as much a learning curve for me as it is for my DF when our baby is born. While I don't expect him to carry an equal share of duties while he's working and I'm home, I do expect him to know about our child's routines, needs and be as hands on as he can be.

In fact, I expect him to want to, it's his baby too
    I completely agree. Maybe my post didn't come out right.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is this the part where I say that DD had two minute noodles for brekky yesterday? It's all that she wanted to eat, and wasn't worth the fight

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GrabbyCrabby For This Useful Post:

smidget3004  (11-08-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast