+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I would be annoyed too as it makes your day that little bit more difficult having to make up for it. I appreciate when I get someone to babysit DD that I will have to "pay" for it by dealing with the fact that she won't have eaten/slept/whatever properly, that shouldn't be the case with the child's father as he is a parent, not a babysitter.
    I'm with you on this one - that's exactly what it's like in our household so I feel your frustration. Mind you, DH is an outstanding breadwinner and I never take that for granted as a SAHM but it wouldn't be that much extra effort for him to choose/make the healthier, more nutritious option occasionally... So OP, I would've cracked the sh!ts too if I'd caught DH feeding DD something as nutritionally void as 2min noodles for the most important meal of the day.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaShanty For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    OP I can totally understand your frustration. I think in the grand scheme of things 2 minute noodles once for brekky isn't a big deal but the fact is it wouldn't have been that hard for your DH to give him something nutritional for the most important meal of the day... Maybe just wait till you calm down a bit and let him know why it made you cranky
    This :-)

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's because he took the easy way out rather then making a effort with breakfast? Is that what it is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't really see the big deal, it was (I'm assuming) a once off and at least he fed them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vent vent vent

I would be ****ed off if my DH did that - particularly if he added the incredibly unhealthy and additive-laden flavouring! I wouldn't be surprised if my DH would do something like that though (except he is fairly well educated in additives and we are additive free now so he knows better) - but he is a half-arsed whatever type person as well. It undermines your efforts and it shows lack of care. It shouldn't be all your effort in feeding your child well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    I know!! I think I've earned the right to do the quick and easy Maccas meal once in a while, yet he gets all his treats when visiting others and his dads family. It's up to me to be the disciplinarian and feed him healthy food. I don't even buy him biscuits that he loves anymore because everyone else gives him darned biscuits on tap!

Yeah I'm feeling ranty today too - its the darned wind and I'm sick of winter cold!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    I would be annoyed too as it makes your day that little bit more difficult having to make up for it. I appreciate when I get someone to babysit DD that I will have to "pay" for it by dealing with the fact that she won't have eaten/slept/whatever properly, that shouldn't be the case with the child's father as he is a parent, not a babysitter.

It ****es me off hugely that every second weekend DD is at her Dad's and ALWAYS has McDonald's while she is there. Not because I mind her having it occasionally, but because it means that I don't ever get to be the one to have the break of getting her McDonald's- I'm always the one who has to go to the effort to make sure she has proper meals.

Sorry, feeling ranty today...
    Agree with these. I am in the same position. I have to go out of my way to make salads, wraps, buy expensive fruit, prepare proper meals. One visit to dad's house (who contributes absolutely nothing positive to his life) and it's mcdonalds, plain pasta for dinner and a myriad of lollies. Then it's again up to me, the one who puts in the hard yards, to detox him again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Meh! He'll survive!! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    It's because he took the easy way out rather then making a effort with breakfast? Is that what it is?
    That sounds about right. I'd be more annoyed at the fact that he couldn't even bring himself to make the kid a proper breaky than the fact he had two minute noodles. Kinda makes you feel like you have to do everything to ensure you kid gets proper nutition. This has probably made you a bit worried that you can't have 'me' time in future in case this turns into a regular thing, which puts pressure on you.

Rest assured...you're child is fine. He will not die, all the hard work you've put in for his nutrition etc is not down the drain. It was a treat...it's fine. But yeh I can understand if you feel a bit pressured not to not be so inclined to have 'me' time in the future in case it becomes a regular thing.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I get it! I would be totally peeved. It's something that REALLY annoys me with my DH. He takes his food sooooo seriously, cooks up stuff, heaps of ingredients. But then when it comes to the kids, it's like it's all up to me! Drives me wild. He KNOWS how to make healthy meals and snacks.... but nope, unless I'm there he'll just let them eat museli bars and weet-bix.

I go to yoga one night a week, from 5:30- he goes to the gym at dinner time every single night bar my yoga night... and even on that one lousy night, I STILL have to be the one to have dinner prepare before I go.

How hard is it to make a blooming spaghetti bolognaise? Or a stir fry! He CAN cook, he's a VERY good cook... for himself, for me... but not for the kids.

(that said he does cook breakfast for everyone on Saturday mornings... I generally don't cook breakfasts)

And what's with all the "at least he fed them" comments??? He SHOULD be feeding them, it's called PARENTING...

Oh I'm just going to give my kids a bottle of coke now.... at least they are drinking something. No, that's not okay a parent needs to parent regardless of gender.
    Last edited by OJandMe; 13-11-2012 at 22:45.