+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its all good.

He took ds out to get the car windows tinted, i told him to get him a snack (fruit shop nearby).. there is also a maccas nearby so i politely asked him not to get nuggets for him, which would be a consideration for him if i didnt bother to tell him. I guess the fact that I have to mention that to him is what bothers me.

But its done, finished.. moving on now!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I think your feelings are totally justified, I would have been furious too. Those noodles are barely fit for adult consumption, let alone a little one! For your DP to take the lazy way out at the expense of your son's health is poor form IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AllCreatures View Post
    OP I think your feelings are totally justified, I would have been furious too. Those noodles are barely fit for adult consumption, let alone a little one! For your DP to take the lazy way out at the expense of your son's health is poor form IMO.
    Really? One packet of noodles isn't at the expense of someone's health. It's not the best meal but DS won't be taking to his sick bed. Just feed him really well for the rest of the day.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (11-08-2012),PomPoms  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd probably be a bit wtf? because it would be so much quicker to pour some milk on cereal or cut up some fruit etc - it seems a bit weird to me to go to the effort of cooking noodles.
    Other than that - meh. Not the greatest choice but not something to get too upset over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    He buys the 2min noodles for himself as snacks for work (office worker)...

I guess what bothers me more is that he takes the easy way out.. which he does alot when it comes to the kids, its a hassle for them to go with him to things he likes coz they demand attention which distracts him from what ever task or place he is going. So feeding them crap for bfast is just another 'whatever is good enough' response from him.. makes it a bit hard to take..
    DS is a skinny mini which is why i try to pump him full of good food whenever possible. I just think the amount of sodium in the noodles isnt really a good start to the day, but most of you are right, its a one-off so its 'sort of' ok.

Its cool, ive calmed down...I didnt go off at him i just said politely pls feed him something better next time.

But thanks for the responses, those who have agreed with me and those who think im over reacting, its good to see the other side sometimes.
    Yeah this was my thoughts when I read your OP - the laziness is what bugged me about it. As a single mum it irks me when I see or hear about lazy parents for some reason. Geez he watches the kids for one hour and can't be arsed preparing a simple appropriate meal? Try having them 24/7 and doing it all!!

Im glad you got that off your chest and feel better now OP.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I'd probably be a bit wtf? because it would be so much quicker to pour some milk on cereal or cut up some fruit etc - it seems a bit weird to me to go to the effort of cooking noodles.
    Other than that - meh. Not the greatest choice but not something to get too upset over.
    I thought this too lol I'm not sure 2min noodles is quicker than cereal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I thought this too lol I'm not sure 2min noodles is quicker than cereal!
    Not if it's the boil the kettle and pour it into the foam cup and let it sit type, which I assume it would be because the OP said her hubby takes them to work for his lunch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fwiw dss father would just not feed him unless i specifically told him to or ds asked for food (he is 2, usually he just swarms me once he i get back)
    Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be annoyed too as it makes your day that little bit more difficult having to make up for it. I appreciate when I get someone to babysit DD that I will have to "pay" for it by dealing with the fact that she won't have eaten/slept/whatever properly, that shouldn't be the case with the child's father as he is a parent, not a babysitter.

It ****es me off hugely that every second weekend DD is at her Dad's and ALWAYS has McDonald's while she is there. Not because I mind her having it occasionally, but because it means that I don't ever get to be the one to have the break of getting her McDonald's- I'm always the one who has to go to the effort to make sure she has proper meals.

Sorry, feeling ranty today...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    It ****es me off hugely that every second weekend DD is at her Dad's and ALWAYS has McDonald's while she is there. Not because I mind her having it occasionally, but because it means that I don't ever get to be the one to have the break of getting her McDonald's- I'm always the one who has to go to the effort to make sure she has proper meals.

Sorry, feeling ranty today...
    I know!! I think I've earned the right to do the quick and easy Maccas meal once in a while, yet he gets all his treats when visiting others and his dads family. It's up to me to be the disciplinarian and feed him healthy food. I don't even buy him biscuits that he loves anymore because everyone else gives him darned biscuits on tap!

Yeah I'm feeling ranty today too - its the darned wind and I'm sick of winter cold!!
    Last edited by Ellewood; 11-08-2012 at 12:24.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

shelle65  (11-08-2012)