+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't see it as a big deal. He was fed and happy. It could of been worse, he could of fed him lollies or a bag of chips. Don't stress too much over it. It was a one off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah I would have gone off too. I'm very very particular about what our kids eat and DH is FULLY aware of this. He can sometimes be lazy about their food and it's not good enough for me.
    It would just be blatantly disrespecting something that is very important to me so I'd be annoyed..
    I have to say though.... If we HAD 2 minute noodles in the house then I couldn't really complain could I?
    Why have it there in the first place if you're not happy about the nutritional content? Would it be ok for lunch or dinner? Still horrible food no matter what time of day it's eaten in my books!

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (11-08-2012),headoverfeet  (11-08-2012),jake's mum  (11-08-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (11-08-2012),RubySunrise  (11-08-2012),VicPark  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    See, I would find it a big deal, but only because DH is constantly doing things half arsed. If it was a one off it wouldn't bat an eyelid, but because he is constantly doing things like taking the wet clothes out of the washer and leaving them on the floor it means it kind of builds up and little things like that would drive me mad.
    Is that the same kind of thing for you OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meh, probably as bad for you as most breakfast cereals. If it's rare, ok by me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Renesme  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would be happy they at least ate. Sorry but if you don't want your kids eating noodles, why buy them? Sorry, curious to know as its just like giving them noodles for dinner.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    agree with what pp said.. most breakast cereals are bad too. full of sugar etc, can't be worse than if he fed them maccas. lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took DD1 to occasional care last week and left dd2 home with DP I get home to her drinking a bottle when se normally has one after her morning nap and he said she didnt want her bfast. I asked what he gave her and he said toast! There was no sign of a dirty butter knife or anything to say he made toast! He just gave her a bottle cos he couldn't be bothered I think. She's 13 months so needs breakfast. I stupidly let it slide but sometime I think he thinks in stupid!

Thanks
    Reviews
    He buys the 2min noodles for himself as snacks for work (office worker)...

I guess what bothers me more is that he takes the easy way out.. which he does alot when it comes to the kids, its a hassle for them to go with him to things he likes coz they demand attention which distracts him from what ever task or place he is going. So feeding them crap for bfast is just another 'whatever is good enough' response from him.. makes it a bit hard to take..
    DS is a skinny mini which is why i try to pump him full of good food whenever possible. I just think the amount of sodium in the noodles isnt really a good start to the day, but most of you are right, its a one-off so its 'sort of' ok.

Its cool, ive calmed down...I didnt go off at him i just said politely pls feed him something better next time.

But thanks for the responses, those who have agreed with me and those who think im over reacting, its good to see the other side sometimes.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (11-08-2012),FemmeFatale  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    See, I would find it a big deal, but only because DH is constantly doing things half arsed. If it was a one off it wouldn't bat an eyelid, but because he is constantly doing things like taking the wet clothes out of the washer and leaving them on the floor it means it kind of builds up and little things like that would drive me mad.
    Is that the same kind of thing for you OP?
    Ye it is exactly like this for me too.

He is getting better but it is just frustrating sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can completely understand your frustration now!! I think your reaction was justified if that's he attitude about everything.