+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 9.5mth old not sleeping well at night

Help i have a 9.5mth old baby and in the last week she has been really restless at night and is waking up every 30mins, she has recently taken to sleeping on her tummy and gets very restless. I don't know if its due to teething she has cut her bottom 2 teeth but now i think she is getting her top teeth, i have tried panadol, nurofen , bruers and bonjella sm33 nothing helps her sleep well she just moves around the cot in circles then starts crying and won't go back to sleep unless i get her up and resettle her only for it to start all over again 30 mins later. I have tried talking to her Pediatrician about the problem but he just tells me its behavourial. I don't know if this is normal thing that babies of this age go through or weather its teething as it only mainly happens at night during the day most days she sleeps for a hour or more. Can anyone help me i don't know what else to do i am at my wits end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry Im not sure if this advice will be helpful as my DD is only 5 months and I haven't been through that but I noticed no one had replied yet so I just wanted to give you my support, I hope you find a solution to your problem.

But maybe its separation anxiety, I hear that happens about 8 months, maybe try putting a piece of your clothing in the cot so there is the scent of you.

There's also a product called safe-t sleep which stops your baby from rolling around but they can still move themselves to get comfortable. Maybe that might work as well as the clothing.

Good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP, My DS is 10 mths now and we have been having various issues with sleep over the last month, I think it is quite normal for bubs of this age to have sleep problems as they are really growing up so fast and changing every day. I've just tried to remain as consistent as possible and remember that it won't last forever. You can drive yourself crazy trying to fix the problem, and in the end it it likely just a phase.

Has bubs recently started to crawl? They practice in their sleep when learning a new skill so could be related to that...

Did your paed check bubs ears? I've seen a few posts here where bubs was having trouble sleeping due to a blocked ear.

I hope it gets better for you soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just to add.. perfectly normal for bubs to sleep on their front now, once they can move independently it's not something that you can really control anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks cuddles await I will try the cloth idea. Yes i love hats she has started crawling and is also going through separation anxiety, and the ped did check her ears and they wrre fine so I think that has a lot to do with it. I try to be consistent with her routine every night . It's so hard being a first time parent not knowing if there is something wrong or if it's just behavioral. But thanks for your advice.