+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Should have learnt by now it's only ok to post if you are an atheist, anything else is unacceptable and means we believe in fairytales and are uneducated and pushing our beliefs onto others simply by mentioning what we believe.
    Who said or implied that it's not ok to post if you're not an athiest? I don't speak for all but I think the point that FITB and I are trying to make is that sometimes, however remotely small the possibilty, amazing things happen. Just because the odds of these things happening are miniscule doesn't mean they will never happen. We just don't get the leap from something amazing happened therefore there is a god.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-08-2012),FiveInTheBed  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    deleted
    Last edited by ShanandBoc; 12-08-2012 at 20:12.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Pawzette  (12-08-2012),share a book  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    I dont mean this disrepectfully but the thread is titled ' Will YOU impose YOUR religious beliefs on YOUR children?

If your not religious why even post? Honestly? Is it just to criticise or Just to tell those who want to teach their children what they believe in their heart and mind to be true that they are brainwashing them, robbing them of a childhood?

I believe the best thing i can do for my child is to teach her about God and the bible.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    I know I said I was 'out'

but just wanted to reply to this -

Just because someone doesn't subscribe to the doctrines of a religion doesn't mean they don't have an opinion on religion.

Their 'religous belief' is just that - an opinion on religion/spirtuality etc. and how it affects communities.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-08-2012),Bubmum  (12-08-2012),Busy-Bee  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont mean this disrepectfully but the thread is titled ' Will YOU impose YOUR religious beliefs on YOUR children?

If your not religious why even post? Honestly? Is it just to criticise or Just to tell those who want to teach their children what they believe in their heart and mind to be true that they are brainwashing them, robbing them of a childhood?

I believe the best thing i can do for my child is to teach her about God and the bible.

Excuse me? Being not religious is a belief actually. I have very strong BELIEFS about religion. I actually can't believe you posted that. So by you're thinking, unless you follow an organised religion you don't have a belief? One doesn't have to believe in god to have opinions and beliefs about religion.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-08-2012),Bubmum  (12-08-2012),Busy-Bee  (12-08-2012),FiveInTheBed  (12-08-2012),Glover  (12-08-2012),SassyMummy  (12-08-2012),shelle65  (12-08-2012),~ElectricPink~  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH was raised and schooled catholic. I am agnostic/spiritual.

We're not baptising our children.

I fundamentally disagree with the idea that she was born in sin and that she needs salvation. I couldn't be passive in having her baptised innbbchjujkk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MMelissa For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    deleted

Last edited by ShanandBoc; 12-08-2012 at 20:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understood the op to be referring to those who follow a religion, not those who dont and tocomment on their children only not if they think what others are doing is right or wrong

I understood it to be exactly as it says. Religious beliefs. Me being agnostic is a belief. Raising my child that way is imposing my beliefs. The end.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I impose all sorts of beliefs on my child. I believe that eating meat is wrong. I raise her in the same way. I believe that it's not ok to leave a baby in a room crying and walk away. I raise her to understand this as well. I believe that it's important to have an understanding all religions and customs, so I raise her to be aware of these. I challenge anyone who says they do not impose their beliefs on their children, or raise them in the way they feel is the right way.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (12-08-2012),LoveLivesHere  (12-08-2012),ShanandBoc  (12-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    deleted
    Last edited by ShanandBoc; 12-08-2012 at 20:11.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I challenge anyone who says they do not impose their beliefs on their children, or raise them in the way they feel is the right way.
    Religious beliefs? No. They can ask, and I will tell them, but I won't involve them in my faith until they ask the question. And I have enough integrity that I don't feel disturbed by a stranger's challenge, so challenge away .

I don't feel that it's up to me to tell someone what the very core of their existence should be based on. I would never be so arrogant as to assume that I'm right when it comes to matters of religion. The Christians could be right, the Muslims could be right, the Jews, Mormons... Heck, even the Jedi's could be right!
    So when my kids DO ask me about my faith, and about what I believe in I will explain it to them. But I will also explain that there are many varied and interesting religions out there and that they should research as many as they can before they decide on one (or not at all, that's their choice too).

I understand that you're talking about other beliefs regarding eating meat and crying babies, but that wasn't what the OP was about.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (12-08-2012),beebs  (12-08-2012),FiveInTheBed  (12-08-2012)