+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Its so great to read such a post. We are 15 weeks with a 1 in 68 chance of downs and I thought I was going to have an amnio until the Ob explained that by the time you do the test and wait the 2 weeks for the definitive result termination is safest by being induced and 'giving birth' I totally freaked out and said no matter what was wrong with my child I could not do that. Even if it was a fatal condition I would prefer to let nature take its course so we decided no tests as I wouldn't terminate.
    I still think about the possibilities and our chances but I am hoping at our 20 week scan we will get a bit better idea and I can live with the 67 out of 68 chance that our baby is perfectly healthy for the rest of the pregnancy and then find out on the big day.
    What does scare me is my stepson who we have week about has a mild disability and severe medical condition and sometimes I get frustrated with him so I worry that I wouldn't do a good job being a fulltime parent to a more disabled child but I have decided to let fate take its course and will just do the best that I can with our new bub as we are doing now.
    Goodluck with your decision and I think if the results would affect your decision on termination then I would have the test done so that way you are fully informed. If you are definite on termination then I admire your courage to make that heart wrenching decision, it is not an easy one to make.
    I hope the news is good for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default To amnio or not

Just thought id update. After finally deciding to make an appt and get the amnio done, got a referral and finally got a call this morning from the hospital saying because we are over 1:300 risk - we are not considered high risk and the test will not be offered through them. We could go privately but they don't recommend it as they perceive our risk is to low. So now after setting ourselves up for it - we are not going to be having it done. No idea if this is the right choice but I think we have decided. Just wish my stomach would get rid of the knots it has in it!!
    Thanks for all your input.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope those that decided to test got the results they were looking for and all the best to those still waiting or deciding.