+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Losing weight without dieting???

Anyone done it? I mean by not following any 'rules' or guidelines, just by listening to your hunger cues, making healthy food choices, eating sensible portions, getting more active etc. Has anyone done it or is anyone interested in joining me on my non-diet journey?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ...and obviously the title should say losing, not loading lol. I want to pile *off* the pounds, not pile them on

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Rbottom  (10-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's the smartest way to do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you do it B&B?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I will join you! Im over the stress of dieting and we are ttc with a relaxed approach so I would like to lose weight in the mean time by doing everything you have mentioned In fact I started this approach on tues and have lost a kilo just by changing portion size, not snacking on junk, exercising when I can but no routine or time frame..just for as long as I feel up to. Changing your lifestyle is the best way

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure if this applies, as there are rules.. DH is currently eating simply lean meats, vegetables (no starchy ones like potatoes) and salads and going to the gym and having protein shakes in between meals. He has lost 2.5kg so far in two weeks. Last time he tried this same plan he didn't do the gym component and dropped 10kg in 2 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, but it makes sense. Changing your lifestyle for the better will work better in the long term than dieting which is short term. You want to lose the weight and keep it off, so the only way to achieve that is to make one permanent change to your life - eating healthy and being active.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started this about two weeks ago and can see a difference already.

I'm not a big person, but I (used to) eat poorly, usually only one meal a day and snack on junk food all night until bed. When I was unbearably hungry I'd grab a piece of cake or a muffin to tide me over until dinner. While I wasn't big I had a pot belly (made worse by my mummy tummy), muffin top and just felt yuk.

I now have three-four meals per day and limit my portion sizes. I avoid snacking on junk and have Found that by having three meals I don't want to snack. Already my tummy is flatter (bar the stretched mummy tummy), i fit comfortably into a size 10 with no muffin tops and i generally feel better about myself.

The first week I craved sugar but it's getting a lot easier now. I do miss baked goods though so I've been researching healthy baking and sugar substitutes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I believe it's the best way to do it. I've always maintained my weight doing just that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    I will join you! Im over the stress of dieting and we are ttc with a relaxed approach so I would like to lose weight in the mean time by doing everything you have mentioned In fact I started this approach on tues and have lost a kilo just by changing portion size, not snacking on junk, exercising when I can but no routine or time frame..just for as long as I feel up to. Changing your lifestyle is the best way

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Yayyy Purple I'd love to do it together! Yeah I'm over dieting too, I'm sick of weighing/excluding certain foods and wiring about sticking to rules/points/allowances/whatever. It really is stressful isn't it? I've been reading 'eat what you love, love what you eat' and its great!
    Oh wouldn't it be wonderful if it helped you in your ttc journey too? That's exciting news!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (10-08-2012)