+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default So nervous!!

I got my confirmation letter in the mail today to confirm I will be sitting the stat test on the 21st August at 10am. Anyone have any tips? Or is it pretty much straight forward?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suggest you download the sample questions and have a go at those so you know what you're in for! Also Take plenty of stationary (pencils, erasers and a sharpener) and water.

Good luck!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FemmeFatale For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (10-08-2012),River Song  (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatale View Post
    I suggest you download the sample questions and have a go at those so you know what you're in for! Also Take plenty of stationary (pencils, erasers and a sharpener) and water.

Good luck!!!
    I second this .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh I've printed them off, I might get to them tonight after I have put dd to bed seeing as there is nothing on tv tonight I won't get distracted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just sat down and did the practice stat and did sooo badly! I only got 28 correct! I think I'm going to order another set of questions off acer and see how I go with them! I'm so worries I'm gonna do so badly on the actual day!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    def get some practice questions, they are really helpful!

Take your time and work each one out slowly, with the answers if you need to...it is much more effective to work them through with the answers than to flounder (just like kids learning new things).

Once you are comfy...try and explain how to work them out to someone else...this concretes the understanding.

On test day...arrive at your centre nice and early. Grab a takeaway coffee (or what ever you favour) and go for a wander about (fresh air if possible). Make sure you have a good supply of pens/pencils/eraser etc so you don't have to worry if one breaks/runs out.

Take your time, read through all the questions and then go back and start answering.

Good luck!! I did mine a few years ago and am now in my course and doing really well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sat mine last year, it really is nerve wracking but believe in yourself you can do this!!
    All the pp advice is great also work out how much time you have to complete each question and make sure you dont spend too much time on one. Never skip completely though because you dont want to get your answers out of whack. If you are really stuck just guess but mark the question so if you have time you can go back to it. (hope that makes sense) also use a process of elimination. Normally there are only 2 answers that are close to the right one. If you can narrow it down to 2 and then even if you have to guess you still have more chance of getting it right.
    For the essays read widely newspapers etc smart newspapers though not the daily tabloid type ones. Practice practice practice
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another lot ordered and sent via express post. Hopefully get them Tuesday! Thanks For the advice. Il try them out on my next practice test. It's so damn nerve wracking!!