+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not a "Viable" Pregnancy Struggle Continues...

Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this, I had started this thread 2 days ago after being told my pregnancy was not "viable" due to low HCG levels, those not doubling, and that I would need a D&C. Here's the thread: http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...quot-pregnancy

To summarise, according to LMP I should be 6Weeks,3Days Pregnant, But we know I ovulated late due to PCOS and theres only one time we DTD that correlates with falling pregnant, so this pregnancy feels doomed from the get go. My HCG levels in the past week have gone from: 193-280-508-980. They are not doubling, they are low, but they are increasing much to my dr's surprise, and ours when we went in yesterday to arrange to D&C!

So I saw a ray of hope and the dr said I might be much earlier on in the pregnancy than LMP suggests. Also had an U/S last week which saw nothing, no sac. She also tested my Progesterone levels which she said the baby needs to surivive before the placenta is formed. I just got the results and it should be over "40" but its less than "22". So I have to go in now and collect a script for pogesterone pessaries to increase this.

It all just feels to much to deal with, we haven't told anyone of the pregnancy yet and now I don't know how to tell anyone what i'm going through. To make it worse my Gp who is lovely left yesterday for a week and a half and the other GP who is taking over is awful. She was so abrupt and cold over the phone and when I asked how concerned I should be she said I just need to take the progesterone becuse the baby needs it to survive.

I just want to cry because I don't understand what is wrong, I'm exhausted as I've hardly slept all week. I do have 2 little boys (4&6) whom I'm blessed to have and trying to stay focused and positive for them is so hard. My MIL wants to "go shopping" today, we haven't told her yet and I don't know if I should or shouldn't? I feel like I'm carrying this all alone and I need to share the load, but then she has had 2 child losses (Stillbirths) and I don't want to upset her. So I'm trying to deal with it...

Sorry if i've posted in the wrong place, I just felt I shouldn't continue my M/C thread in the M/C forum as bub is still here... which I'm trying to focus on but its so hard, each day we get through I feel it more and can't imagine it not being part of me, my family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sending you huge hugs and hoping that everything turns out ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't read and not post. Take each day as it comes. I hope everything turns out OK xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Huge

Were you seeing an Ob for the D&C? Could you make an appt to see an Ob about all this (asap)? What is the plan? Are you having more bloods or an ultrasound next week?

To me it sounds promising based on the HCG results. They are increasing and at a faster rate rather than a slower rate so that's great.

I hope you have a sticky bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was put onto progesterone with my last pregnancy and I have a healthy and happy 4 month old now. While we will never know for sure, my FS believes that my previous mc may have been due to low levels of progesterone. I have everything crossed that it works for you as well as it did for us.

I understand the emotions. Just know that their is no 'right' thing to do or way to act. You need to do what works for you.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear of this. But you need to talk to someone and let it all out. It will help. Xxx