+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Did you met your ex's new partner?

I hope you don't mind me posting here as I'm not a single parent anymore but just thought this area would have the most experience.

Any care to share their stories?
    When? How? Why? Etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I did. Poor girl.

I met her after they had been dating for a few months so it wasn't just a casual 'fling'. I was surprised, to say the least, when I met her and worked out she was the woman who had an affair with XDP when I was pregnant lol.

I think I was picking DS up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did, not so long into their relationship as he jumped from our bed to hers, so to speak. It would have been at a park drop off/pick up. She was ok.
    Over time she's become more involved, talking to me about concerns she has with DD etc. BUT I no longer bother to talk to her as she abused me over money a while back, so if she does talk im civil but pretty much think she talks **** lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, I met her when dropping DD off to her Dad's one day. I wanted to meet anyone who was going to be spending a lot of time with DD, so I asked FOB if I could come in and say hi.

She was over-the-top nice and acted like we were old friends, it was a bit weird but better than the opposite.

The next time I saw her she gave me a big hug and handed me a christmas present (was the week after christmas) that she had made me. Her father was also there who came up and introduced himself enthusiastically, which was also weird and uncomfortable but I appreciate he was trying to be friendly.

She added me on facebook (she has over 1000 friends so obviously adds everyone she ever meets), and we had a few phone conversations to organise pick ups/drop offs for DD.

Anyhoo, she and FOB broke up after all that and I haven't seen her since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew who she was before EXP and I split but had never formally met her. Met her for the first time Christmas morning after they had been dating for around a month. That was almost 2 years ago, they are still together and we all get along great. Honestly couldn't ask for a better stepmother to my boys, she is very involved and generally a lovely person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive been on the other side of things where I have been the new partner and had to meet his children's mum. We got along really well. I've split with him since and have my DS from the relationship. I don't see him anymore but she and I have become good friends which is fantastic as our children are half siblings and we both share the same woes in the unfortunate choice we made in choosing a father for our kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    I knew who she was before EXP and I split but had never formally met her. Met her for the first time Christmas morning after they had been dating for around a month. That was almost 2 years ago, they are still together and we all get along great. Honestly couldn't ask for a better stepmother to my boys, she is very involved and generally a lovely person.
    This is beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope but thats because she hates me even though she has never met me she has been with DD's dad for almost 3 years.
    I have met my current partners ex wife but we have only really exchanged hellos

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, and I don't wish to after what she put me through. I have absolutely no time for her and even this one sentence is more time I care to spend discussing her.

Im on very friendly terms with ex DP though due to DS. We do most of our contacting/texting during work hours... I can tell when she's there as his voice changes on the phone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you met your ex's new partner?

I did. I knocked on her door and told her my xh was cheating on her. I thought I was doing the right thing by telling her. But in the end she didn't believe me and I ended up looking like a fool. She's still with him, and he has cheated on her several more times since then. But I guess she'll have to find out herself. The odd thing about her though is... She's too scared to meet DD. she's nice enough... Just stoopid