+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 19.5 weeks & my belly suddenly changed in one spot

Hi everyone,

I'm slightly freaked out by something I just noticed when I woke up this morning. I have a little pot belly layer of fat over the baby belly, so normally I can only feel the firmness of the uterus at the very bottom of my belly. But this morning I suddenly feel that the lower right hand quarter of my belly is really firm and sticking up higher than the other areas, which still are soft and fatty. Is this normal???

I know it's probably just that the baby has moved - it was laying transverse with head to the left, and anterior placenta. But it's so sudden and strange feeling. I haven't felt any movement yet, probably because of the placenta in the way.

Would appreciate if anyone could tell me if this is a normal thing or if I should give the hosp a call? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had something similar a few times, what I was feeling was my babies bottom sticking out! It is angular and hard feeling. Hope that helps

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would say totally normal. I had this too at about twenty weeks - it was like the first time I could really feel bubs and stands out as a real milestone in my pregnancy. You'll most probably notice it moves position a lot more now...

Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, great to know it's normal!