+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Tell me I'm not an awful parent!

I didn't realise my DD wasn't strapped in to her pram (my Mum put her in) and as we were walking up some stairs we lifted the pram and she slipped out and hit her head on a step.. We took her to the ED who checked her over and she is fine.. It happened 5 days ago. I KNOW accidents happen but I feel AWFUL. I feel so guilty, and can't stop thinking about it, I feel so negligent. Has anyone else done something similar? Tell me I'm not the only one!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i dont have any stories yet but i gurantee you that i will. things happen sweetie and im sure loads of ppeople have made that mistake. dont beat yourself up about it, she is fine. babies/kids are made tough for this reason. hugs im sure it freaked you out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know from first hand experience that you probably freaked out- but awful no way!
    I could write a whole essay on our little accidents! But I know you feel awful- but don't be too hard on yourself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way!!!
    When my dd2 was about 21months old we were dropping dd1 at day care and it had been raining. I was pushing DS in the pram and holding dd2 to get inside quicker as we got inside I put dd2 down to walk but she took off running and before I could tell her not to run she had slipped and fell into the pointy corner of a free standing wall I dropped a very loud F bomb and ran to her. Her face was covered in blood and we had to go get it closed up with glue and butterfly clips at the doctors I felt awful for such a long time. She now has a 3cm scar on her forehead
    Don't beat yourself up to much- but at least nothing happened, she is ok and it's just a bit of a reminder of how we always need to check things etc... Oh yeah also with dd2 I forgot to strap her capsule into the base thing once :-/ if my DH had of done it I would have lost my s%^* at him :-0

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You shouldn't feel guilty about this. Your mother should.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

2girls1boyplus1  (10-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    You shouldn't feel guilty about this. Your mother should.
    Oh she does! She feels awful.. But I know these little things happen and a multitude of mistakes/carelessness led to it happening so I don't blame her. I do blame myself though! In the nicest way possible it's comforting to know I'm not alone, it's a good reminder to be extra careful. Eek

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Your not a bad parent.

When DD was a baby I fell down a flight of stairs with her, it was awful. I even wrote about it on here.

Unfortunately these things happen sometimes. Your DD is okay, so try not to beat yourself up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs I would feel awful too.

Not the same, but I wanted to die when my DS was about 9 months old. He figured out how to open the back sliding door (which I thought was locked), which takes you to the courtyard and our garage which unfortunately was also open. We had a horrible nights sleep and I dozed off for a minute while he was playing. Woke up and he was gone. I freaked out ran around the house, ran outside screaming and he had crawled all the way down our drive way (we are the back unit), across the road and was playing on the nature strip with a lady that spotted him. Hands down the worst moment in my entire life. Still hate myself to this day.

We're all human and make mistakes, just remember she is okay and you've learnt from it. Big hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We all make mistakes.
    I once didn't put DD2's seat belt on properly (put it on but didn't click it in right) and as i was driving she was suddenly standing up
    DD1 rolled off a bed as a newborn and hit her head, i cried for ages even after she was fine.
    DD1 once got lost - for about 3 mins but i felt like the worst parent in the world for that time, i was distraught.

Nobody is perfect, try not to best yourself up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mishh View Post
    Big hugs I would feel awful too.

Not the same, but I wanted to die when my DS was about 9 months old. He figured out how to open the back sliding door (which I thought was locked), which takes you to the courtyard and our garage which unfortunately was also open. We had a horrible nights sleep and I dozed off for a minute while he was playing. Woke up and he was gone. I freaked out ran around the house, ran outside screaming and he had crawled all the way down our drive way (we are the back unit), across the road and was playing on the nature strip with a lady that spotted him. Hands down the worst moment in my entire life. Still hate myself to this day.

We're all human and make mistakes, just remember she is okay and you've learnt from it. Big hugs!
    This happened to me, side gate not locked properly , I was changing a cd and saw my son of 13 months wander out to garden , 5 second s later I went to check and being the early walker/ runner he was was already down the drive at the side of road. I had not locked gate properly after bringing bins in. I was devastated I could of been so stupid , I just saw my precious beautiful boy standing at the side of the road every time I shut my eyes for weeks. I cryed and cryed because one mistake could of cost me my beautiful boy, what if I'd been on the toilet and got out there 10 seconds later ? I could not leg it go for ages, but I learnt a huge lesson from it , I take time, I double check stuff and we all have a story , your child was fine, your not the first mum that happened to and you have learnt a lesson so now think about all the wonderful things you do daily as a mum and forgive yourself xxxxxx it was an accident .