+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When did your LO's tantrums strated?

DS is 17 months and he throws tantrums ALL the time!

EVERY time we go to the mall he would throw a tantrum. We know he hates the pram so we put him in the trolly, he might be content for like 30 min then the tantrum starts, screaming and crying wanting to get out and walk. Sometimes we would let him walk a bit then put him back in the trolly and OMG he would scream so loud like theres no tomorrow! We cant let him walk the whole time because he doesnt follow us around nor does he holds our hands, he pretty much runs EVERYWHERE, and either I (32 wks pregnant or DH) has to run after him!

At home he also throws tantrums, he wants ALL my attention and wants me to play with him ALL day long. It makes it very difficult for me to do anything, even to go to the bathroom or cook!

He just cant be content playing by himself! Only a few weeks ago he would happily play by himself or watch a bit of TV by himself when I have to do housework, but suddenly nothing satisfy him but me.

Anyone has similar experiences or any ideas what I can do?

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our LO one is 11 and a half montsh old and those tantrums are starting now. No advice sorry but wanted to bump see if some answers can happen for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

tubster  (10-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeInShadesOfGrey View Post
    Our LO one is 11 and a half montsh old and those tantrums are starting now. No advice sorry but wanted to bump see if some answers can happen for you
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is 21 months and he's been tantruming for ages. At home ignoring the behavior sometimes works. When we are out or when i am cooking and hes being demanding I try to have him In a carrier (which probably doesn't help you at 32weeks). Good luck.

This too shall pass

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 17 months and they are pretty awful atm. Started a couple of months back and just getting worse. Not much fun!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP I think we have the same child. I an jealous of people whose children sit happily in a pram or trolley, my DD is horrible to take anywhere! Her tantrums started early and are much easier now she's 2 and can talk!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS turned 2 early July and I would say they started bull flown about mid July..... I'm still learning how to cope with it because he was such a cruiser kid up til now

Thanks
    Reviews
    My AS is almost 3 and I find it weird. She has been throwing tantrums for her mother since she was 1 and a half and it was noticeable that her mother was pregnant with a 2nd child. She has also recently started throwing tantrums for DP but I barely see her throw tantrums in my care (no idea why).

My thoughts are she was jealous of the new baby and the fact that her mother didn't give her attention (from what I saw whilst around there).

I am curious to find out if she will start throwing tantrums when I have my child next year, but all I can do is wait and see. Besides, I am going back to my mothers for the rest of my pregnancy and won't see her much as they are in a different state.

That's just my thoughts. DAy never threw a tantrum cos I made sure we had set times where it was me and her ABC tried to use her nap/quiet time for chores...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is meant to be step daughter. Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS started about 15 months with the really full blown ones. He's 21 months now and they just keep getting worse especially in the pram! I can't let him walk much cos he just flat out runs away and I've usually got DD in the ergo. I love seeing other kids playing up too when we are out it makes me feel better haha. I'm trying to work through them by repeating what I need from him calmly. Ahhh one day!!!