+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hoping someone might be able to help

Hi all,
    So the doctors after many appointments and scans, have decided that it's in the best interest of both bub and I to deliver early.
    Which leads me to my question at heaviest they are estimating that she will weigh approx 4lb 7oz. So what size clothes should I be buying? Also where sells nice premmie clothes that aren't going to cost the earth?
    Any other premmie info that you could share with me would be greatly appreciated. As I'm finding all of this a little daunting
    Thanks in Advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mothercare have a great range of premmie clothes which open out flat & wrap around the baby. Making it much easier to be extra gentle whilst dressing & allow access for monitoring. Good luck. My sis had a 26 weeker who is now a strapping 13 year old!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big w and best and less have premmie clothes. All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pumpkin patch have prem clothes but if you just get 00000 from anywhere (I.e. target) clothes you will find she'll grow into them really fast! Good luck with your baby - and (coming from experience here) while in hospital please take offers of help/support x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was 5p 5oz and 00000 was too big for him. He wore 'tiny prem' from pumpkin patch, which was also too big. He grew into them eventually. I know best and less sells a premmie range (under 2 kg) too.

Good luck with everything!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi there! I'm a premmie parent My DS was born at 1.3kg (31wks + 2) & was too small for size 00000, but we dressed him in them anyway. The hospital will have loads of little clothes that your bub can wear whilst they are in hospital.

Having your baby delivered early is a pretty daunting thing to experience. I was in hospital for 2.5 weeks before my DS was delivered via emergency CS. He stayed in hospital for 5 1/2 weeks.

I am happy to answer any questions either here on this thread or pm me if you like

Big hugs, it's a rollercoaster having a premmie, but you just take it one day at a time until that amazing day when you get to take your little bundle home

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub was born at 28 weeks now you don't say how old your bub is and I have no idea of pound sizes so I will tell you what I found.

Being so early, my bub didn't wear clothes, only a nappy. When he was a week old they dressed him in a dolls gown supplied by the hospital NICU, he stayed in that til he was 32 weeks. He then grew into Best and less premmie clothes and when he was getting too big for that I bought him 00000 sleep suits from Target, premmie is smaller than 00000. You don't need to buy too much as they do grow very quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD was 34 weeks and 1.6kgs (3 lbs 6 oz) and she was too small for even the 000000 when born. In hospital she wore their clothes as ours didnt fit, and then she wore the pumpkin patch tiny prem range or wore the target or best and less wondersuits although they were quite baggy until she fit into them properly.