+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default anyone on NAN HA staying with NAN HA?

DD2 has been on it for 4 months and we switched from the old formulation to the new formulation with a few issues but all in all DD2 is ok on it now.. the only issues are really stinky poo and also she has started to wake every morning between 4 - 5 wanting dummy and patting back to sleep, she never did this on the old NAN - always slept through

i dont know whether to switch...

Maternal Health Nurse said that NAN Pro is heavier and makes them sleep longer as it takes longr to digest.. has anyone else found this to be true?

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I once accidentally gave DS the Pro instead of the HA - it was fine and he did sleep longer but we ended up swapping him back, not sure why we swapped back now.

Now on principle I cannot go with a Nestle product. I was hesitant to start with using Nestle (I hate their history) but given the hospital recommended it I did it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

woodsmeister  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i switched to karicare this morning and all well so far..
    no more NAN for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We switched to S26 Gold on Wednesday after seeing the article online and are crossing our fingers all goes well. A few of the issues we were experiencing are already starting to clear up. Smelly farts and nappies are dissapearing, as are the red dry cheeks and aczeema. I have heard that that S26 Gold can cause constipation but we have not experienced that so far. Would really like to use a product with HA though - I expect we will have to wait and see what works best. Is such a shame because the old recipe Nan HA Gold 1 was such a great product.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We switched. I don't think I would touch nan ever again. Their attitude has made me so angry. My daughters cheeks are bright red & dry & look really sore. Hoping that clears up soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    Hi I don't bottlefeed but cN someone briefly tell me what happened?
    Theres a thread in the bottle feeding section that goes into more detail - basically new formula making babies sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    Hi I don't bottlefeed but cN someone briefly tell me what happened?
    They changed an ingredient which is having an adverse affect on many babies with irritability, runny green poos, excessive vomiting, rash on face, bad wind. They claim their own testing & independent testing confirms the product is fine & not causing the problems. In the meantime many babies have been diagnosed with reflux and put on medication when it could just be a reaction to the formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mums,
    im in the same pickle as well. My son has been on NAN HA1 since birth and he is almost 7 months now, he loves the original formula. I used to rave on about how good the original product is because he never had a problem at all.

I still have two tins of the 900gm original NAN HA1 and when they run out im not willing to risk making my little man sick by trying out the new 800gm HA. (two friends of mine babies have been really sick on the new formula).
    Im contemplating either the Aptamil HA 100% whey (but its not stocked at my woolies, only at local chemists) or maybe NAN Pro1 cause it has 70% whey.

When i rang Nestle they advised the only change in product is the salt type, from Sodium Chloride to Potassium Chloride, and that the reason they cant change back is because the Nestle plant in germany which used to make the original formula has closed down and the new plant is only equipped to make the new coarser formula which everyone is disgruntled about. Apparently the NAN Pro has not changed at all.

Whether their Germany plant closed or not its still not a good enough reason to change an ingredient. Why on earth a company as big as nestle woulnt manufacture it right here in Australia is just ridiculous.

I hope my little man takes well to Aptamil HA because i have no intention to even trial the new NAN HA....

Heres hoping that a big company like s26 or heinz introduce a HA formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a huge health issues, check out this page for more info http://www.facebook.com/pages/Recall...98530376877802

kiwimum890 is online now It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.news.com.au/business/comp...-1226455172130

Update on this issue with Nestle Nan Ha