+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Colic baby.... HELP!!!

My nearly 6 week old screams all day and into the night, I believe it's bad colic, she's on colic formula, tried gripe water, infacol, infants friends, i purchased dr browns bottles ( she won't take them) I'm lost as to what to try now, it's really upsetting, I've seen the doctor she said to try new formula... Done that, she's best on colic one but still screams and screams and screams!!! I'm really lost as to what to try now, the constant crying all day and night is torture!!! Any advice would be great!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry you are going through this, it must be making you so miserable. It's not right your dd is screaming all the time. Are you near a childrens hospital? Would it be worth taking her to the ER and not leaving until something is sorted out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you looked into reflux? Colic tends to be a night thing not so much through the day in my experience. Also, infants friend made my bub worse, inflamed her oesophagus badly... in terms of colic, which formula are you using? I use novalac for reflux and I have had great success since switching, they have a colic and constipation formula too...
    Hope it settles down for you, colic tends to get better between eight to ten weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was also going to suggest reflux as well, my daughter was like this from about 6 weeks of age and we went through it until she was over 2 months old before they said colic and then finally reflux. We found the best things that helped us were Karicare anti-reflux formula, Brauers homeopathic colic relief drops (I tried infacol and infants friend with no luck at all but Brauers was our saviour!!)

Keeping bub upright as much as possible helped so we propped her bassinet up on an angle on one end, carried her around a lot in a baby sling, kept her upright for at least a half hour after feeds and when she was unsettled and we were really struggling we used one of those electronic baby swings. I think it helped because she could be virtually upright and the combination of being upright, the swinging motion and the music used to put her to sleep pretty easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear youre still having problems hun xxx

I read somewhere about baby mylanta? Maybe you could chat to a paed or pharmacist about it?

Such a shame she wont take the dr brown bottles. They have been a lifesaver for us.

I really feel your pain. Its so horrible seeing them so upset. And not to mention exhausting

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was the same, crying all day & night & refusing to sleep. She is 10 weeks tomorrow & thankfully things are completely different now - we just had to weather the storm sadly.

The swing idea is a good one, it's a lifesaver still for us! We also use a chibebe beanbag -she has her day naps in that or the swing, both keep her upright enough that any reflux she gets is minimised I think.

I didn't believe our GP at the time when he said he thought she would grow out of it pretty quickly. But he was right - she's a different baby to those early weeks now. Hopefully the same will happen for your DD, I hated seeing my little pumpkin so upset so I understand what you are going through!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lou, give your baby lots of cuddles and hold her for as long as you can. If you have support, ask for help.

My baby went through lots of crying for a few weeks - weeks 6 to 8 - and started improving when he was close to the 9 week mark. He is 10 weeks now, still not a great sleeper, but has improved a lot with the crying.

I haven't given anything to him for colic, but I do all the reflux strategies minus the medication. Wedge under mattress, sitting upright after feeding etc

As Becandbub said, it will get better. If it doesn't, make sure to get a referral to Paediatrician

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tried baby chiro for our ds ... It was amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe its silent reflux ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I second the chiro... Worked for my DS.

Hope it gets better soon - I've heard babies tend to grow out of colic around 12 weeks if not earlier xx