+ Reply to Thread
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What does your intuition say?

This may be a silly question, but I was wondering what your women's intuition is telling you is the reason for failed cycles?

I know someone who thought all along it was a progesterone problem, and once it was addressed properly, she got her BFP.

I'm not sure what I think my problem is. For the longest time I thought it was an NK Cell problem, but now I'm feeling strongly that it is just a case of what day my embryos are transfered.
    My first cycle was a fresh day 3 and I got my only ever BFP. All other 4 cycles were day 5 transfers and all I have gotten is BFN's.

I'm going to ask if I can have a day 4 transfer next time. My reasoning for that is that at day 4 they should have some idea whether it would be good enough to make it to day 5, yet it will have the time to grow in it's natural environment rather than a dish.

Maybe I'm being crazy, but it makes sense to me atm

So, what is your intuition telling you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctors told me I had "un explained infertility" I knew it was because I didn't ovulate, 2 IVF doctors later and they tell me ..... I don't ovulate, already them that but no one would look at my test results long and hard enough. All good tho on day 8 of my 2ww just glad to have the process started after 2 years of different test

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When we were ttc naturally I knew what my problem was 2.5years before drs officially diagnosed me with PCOS and Endo. Then they added MFI to twist the knife a little more. Now that IVF hasn't worked, intuition is telling me that I'm just one of those people thats never meant to have children, but that won't stop me, I'll still keep trying.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz - Before IVF we saw a regular FS, and before that we were trying for over a year already. I always asked to be tested for PCOS, but they always told me I wouldn't have it as I am thin. My first appointment with the FS and she told me straight away that I have it.
    I guess part of me feels that my intuition is telling me that I'm just one of those people that can't have children either. I mean, I can't even picture myself being pregnant and having to look after a little baby, how bad is that!
    I'm not ready to give up either though

Bec - Goodluck in your TWW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney what an interesting and brilliant question. I don't have a particular instinct but a few and often feel like I'm grasping at one straw after another. At first I lost weight, that didn't work so I did a lot of chinese medicine at vast expense, didn't work either. I found I had low zinc and thought that might be an issue (I had an instinct it probably was, although the doctor didn't agree. I had my blood tested after taking copious amounts of zinc and it was on the low end of normal still). I had a fling with a guy who was a scientist and told me he could tell by smell when women had an organism or not. I believed him, the doctor didn't, but he was right. It is called ureaplasma and the first lot of antibiotics didn't work. I haven't bothered to see if the second lot did because I was told if it didn't they couldn't do anything further anyway. sometimes it causes miscarriage but it is an organism that is naturally there in the genital tracts. Again, another straw to grasp at for a reason why things might not be working but a correct instinct nevertheless.

Like you I wondered about NK cells. sometimes I feel I'm being punished for bad past life behaviour. I feel I'm in this position because no guy ever fell in love with me and I'm childless because I'm single and meant to be alone and lonely. I hope I'm not right about that one!

I think sometimes definitely there is an instinctive knowledge as to what is wrong. I've never heard of a 4 day transfer but I think you're reasoning is sound and if it makes you feel better, why not? What do they have to lose by listening to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm starting to really dread another fresh cycle, but I can't tell if it is more of a 'I just don't want to coz I don't like it" feeling, or a "what's the point, I'm not gonna get pregnant anyway" feeling.

The more time and failed cycles that go on, I am starting to feel that I'm one of those people that just.can't.have.kids

I think IVF has finally broken my spirit and I don't care what happens now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Disney Baby you are NOT alone and u haven't lost your spirit it's just hiding at the moment. I've been down ur path (actually I'm still there) and it will get better,u will be you again!

I too have the feeling that i will be one of those women who will just never be pregnant and have a baby. And I also feel that IVF has broken me and in some respect it has, but it has also made me stronger.

Don't get me wrong, after 4 fully stimmed failed cycles in a row I can totally get that you feel IVF has kinda stolen your spirit but I take it one day at a time. Some days are better than others and some are so terrible I just want to run away because my spirit has left and I wanna go with it and et away from this hell, but if we let IVF steal out spirit forever then infertility has won, and we are stronger than that! It might be the control freak in me but I won't let anything beat me, and we will always win!!!

So don't give up, you will find your spirit again and it will be stronger and tougher than ever before!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel for you Disney, this journey can dent you like no other. I really don't have any advice to offer just lots of sympathy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm exactly where you are Disney, but the stubbornness inside won't let me give up. The best thing I did was take this break, and I'm slowly coming out on top. Like you, I can't decided if I want to go another round but if we go back to intuition, it's telling me it's to soon to give in. I also think my Endo is coming back and my PCOS is worse since cycling.