+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD is 11 months and on 2 sleeps but I'm looking to move to 1. Like previous posters have said her afternoon one is getting later and later.

When I transition her I will drag her out till 11, she currently goes down at 10ish. I will use the wiggles to help keep her happy, and every time she grizzles I will change the scene. She's had a few days on 1 sleep but I'm I'm keeping her at 2 until after her birthday party, I picked the time based on 2 sleeps!!

At the moment when she goes down for her morning one it's often 2 hours. The later it is the longer it is. So I'm hoping if I put her down at 11 she will sleep for 2 hrs then just has to make it from 1 till 6. Her bedtime is usually 7 but I will be flexible when transitioning.

She usually sleeps 12hrs straight each night.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (10-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 11 month old has 3 day sleeps some days, but at least 2! My 3-year-old was having 2 day sleeps until he was about 15 months. I feel like you would only be torturing him and yourself to only let the poor thing have 1 sleep if he wants 2. My 11 month old also wakes at 5:30. It's not uncommon. Just keep giving him 2 day sleeps is my advice, otherwise he will be tired out of his mind. Sleep encourages sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD started having 2 x 2hr day sleeps from about 8mths old and just recently (17mths old), i transitioned her to 1 x 3hr sleep as she was sleeping later in the arvo and therefore making it harder to get her to settle down for her usual bed time of 7pm.
    I found the sleep transition from 2-1 easy - we stayed home for 2 weeks solid and did exactly the same routine day in day out for 2 weeks. Worked a treat.
    Now im able to take her out with me in the mornings to do my errands/playgroup/swimming/library/playdates - all which exhaust her so she has a brilliant long sleep after lunch
    Last edited by Hunkamunka; 30-09-2012 at 06:03.