Hi, my name is Elyse Kelly and I am a first year ACU student studying midwifery. As part of our course and learning, we get to participate in a Continuity of Care Experience program in which we sign up pregnant women from 20 weeks gestation until 6 weeks after their birth.

We aim to spend around 15 to 20 hrs in total with each woman in which time we offer support to the woman and ask her questions in relation to her child bearing journey in order to find out what is important to her and ultimately to build up a relationship with her.

We do not conduct any medical procedures and the woman can choose which appointments she would like us to attend to and in no way is there any pressure for her to invite us to the birth. It is completely what the woman is comfortable and happy with.

We do not go through this process alone as we have a CCESM (continuity of care experience support midwife) who can also answer any further questions you may have. You can also withdraw from the program at any time

If this sounds interesting to you or something you would like to participate in please don't hesitate to contact me via my email at the bottom of the page and I would be happy to answer any further questions or be your support.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you!

Elyse Kelly S00134373@myacu.edu.au