+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Holden Captiva Question-

Hiya,

So I had to sell my beautiful Nissan Dualis (manual) for an auto recently due to health reasons. Anyway, I ended up with a 2010 Holden Captiva. It's the SX model with sunroof and all that jazz, and it is petrol not diesel.

Now, I have only ever had smaller cars, and the dualis was an absolute little gem and as far as fuel consumption went- a dream! Cost me around $75 to fill but would last 3 weeks, driving daily.

Obviously as I went from manual to auto and into a bigger car I was not expecting as low running costs, HOWEVER-

I am starting to think my fuel gauge HAS to be faulty. lol. It moves very slowly from full to half, but once it hits half you may as well head to the petrol station? Seriously, you go through a 1/4 of a tank in a quick trip. It is costing me a fortune to run, I am filling it up weekly, and only JUST making it weekly. At $80.

Is your captiva horrid fuel wise? Or is mine a bit spesh and I should get it looked at? I don't want to take it to get looked at saying it costs a fortune to run haha, my mechanic would look at me like 'Um, yes? and?' So I just want to know if it's a general draw back?

I will just accept it and go about my merry way if it is, maybe ride my bike a bit more

Thanks
    Reviews
    We find our captiva chews petrol loads too, we were only just having this conversation the other day because my hubby's lil run bout town car (lancer) can go weeks on fuel. I think it might just be the model. Ours is a 2011.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I just wanted to say I picked up my new Dualis yesterday I'm on looooove, great to hear its so good on fuel!
    Sorry I can't answer your question on the Captiva I just was so excited about my Dualis that's all hahahaha
    Xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milly Molly Mandy View Post
    Hi I just wanted to say I picked up my new Dualis yesterday I'm on looooove, great to hear its so good on fuel!
    Sorry I can't answer your question on the Captiva I just was so excited about my Dualis that's all hahahaha
    Xxxxxx
    haha, I adored that car. It really is a fantastic car. I WISH an auto dualis came up for a good price before the captiva did . Although, I do like the extra seats, that's it's only bonus so far lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is diesel. Just checked the trip info and its 10.5L/100 km. I've noticed the opposite with the fuel gauge. The first half runs out super quick and the second half lasts forever. Weird huh?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know anything about the captiva but in most cars the last 1/2 of the fuel will generally go quicker because its to do with the sensors in the tant more then how much is actually in it if that makes sense

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    mine eats the fuel I fill up twice a week and it's damn expensive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine eats the 2nd half too! I often think it but have never said it out loud 😃 I feel a lot better now !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i've got a 2012 model and it sucks for fuel efficiency compared to my little manual astra i traded in. The first half goes quick and the last half goes slower i've found. I'm lucky to get 475kms per tank; wish i'd realised how inefficient it was, but maybe thats just bigger cars for you.
    Great car otherwise, its the only fault i can point out.