+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Looking for help with choosing 7 seater car to fit 4 kids & strider plus pram

Hi everyone, I just joined here & this is my first post, so I apologize if I didn't post it in the right spot.... I'm so confused! Lol
    I was after some advice on 7 seater cars... We have $20,000 to buy a second hand car. I am expecting my 4th child, currently have an 8y.o, 6y.o & 3 y.o.
    I need something that can fit my strider plus pram in the boot with all seats up (I can fit my strider plus in our tiny hatchback boot, so I'm thinking there's a fair chance I'll be able to fit it in a 7 seater) Must be able to tow a boat as well.
    So far we're thinking about a Ford Territory, Holden Captiva & Toyota Kluger. (Captiva being my favourite... not sure if it'll be roomy enough though) Does anyone have any of these cars or any suggestions on a 7 seater with decent boot space within our budget? Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You definitely won't be able to fit a strider plus in the captiva or the territory with the 7 seats up. Their boot space is tiny. Not sure about the kluger but your best bet is to take a few for a test drive and take your pram along to make sure it fits!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Boot space is practically non existant in the captiva with 7 seats up and its a tight squeeze back there. The back seat isn't very wide either. If you have three seats that are wider like safe n sound you might have trouble fitting them in.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a look at the Volvo xc90. Really spacious and you can pick them up for around 20 for an older model if you hunt around. If we had the money that's what we would get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 7 seater Territory and I absolutely love it, but like others said I don't think you will fit a pram in the back with the seats up.
    I find that SUV's boot space isn't that roomy if the 2rd row seating is up.
    You might have to look at bigger 4wds or people movers.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    What pp said... I also have a territory and because the rear seat doesn't split, you wont be able to fit the pram with all the seats up.

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 7 seat Territory and fit my strider in the back. You have to put it in on its side and remove the wheel that is facing up (which is really easy, it just pops off). I can tell you for sure that you wont fit a strider in a captiva. We test drove one when looking for our 7 seater and tried but the boot is teeny tiny. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a 7 seater kluger and with the third row seats up you wont fit a bigger pram in the boot. Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I am not sure you'd get one within your budget but i put my double pram in the boot of my IMAX plus the grocery shopping without folding it down. Never thought we'd get a Hyundai or a van but omgosh, love it SO much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You could tow a boat if you got a diesel.