+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    pinklily

i was given the same advice by the radiologist. i rang an ABA counsellor to talk about obtaining milk for my bub who referred me to Rodney whyte at Monash Medical Centre Drug Info Centre. Their advice was that the advice to not breastfeed for 2 days after the dye is outdated, and their advice based on the latest research is that the benefits of breastfeeding outweigh any potential risk of the dye.

I drank lots of water to flush out the dye from my system but was comfortable to continue breastfeeding my son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep i had to do this when DD2 was quite young. just do it and get it over with. sometimes you have to do things that you don't want to and it will benefit everyone in the long run. I had to wait 48hours before feeding again bub hadn't had a bottle before but just had to and i pumped and dumped everytime she had a feed so that my supply would stay up.

good luck

Similar Threads

1. 8 days without formula :)
    By Monkey'sMummy in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18-04-2012, 11:12
  2. Do they give formula?
    By GothChick in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 27-03-2012, 14:44
  3. BFing Mums..what do you wear to bed?
    By summastarlet in forum Breastfeeding Support