+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossompossum View Post
    Ok tmi but I was 48+4 weeks and hubby and I had just had some great sex lol. 1 hour later contractions started and 21 hours later ds was born
    48+4? That's one long pregnancy

Mine were boring - with both i woke up at night having contractions and shortly after a baby was born.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012),~Marigold~  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nothing too dramatic... I was asleep & got woken up with period like cramps/tightenings at 1am 2 days past my due date. Went to hospy early-mid morning as they were 2-3 mins apart only to find out that I wss only 2cm & this was not IT. Got sent home after lunch but went back in in at dinnertime as I was bleeding & things had ramped up. DD arrived in the wee hours at 40+3.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No real exciting stories here either lol.

DS1 - Just finished seeing the OB and booking induction date, I was 41weeks and booked in the following week. Back then I didn't drive so replied on public transport/walking. I also didn't know walking was a great way to bring on labour! I missed the bus from the trainstation home and decided to just walk as by the time the next bus came I would have been home anyway. Around 10minutes into the walk I started getting some intense contractions, enough to make me stop and take a few deep breaths, by the time I got home 40minutes later they were coming 3minutes apart(usually only a 20minute walk but with all the stopping ended up being almost an hour! lol). Had DS1 7hours later.

DS2 was even more boring, woke up with contractions at 39weeks, told EXP to take the day off. By the time I dropped DS1 off to daycare, I went to my mums to labour there for a while, contractions started to become irregular so EXP and I went for a walk, 10minutes in my hind waters broke, went back to mums, had a shower and by the the time I got out contractions were coming thick and fast, called out to let them know we needed to go to the hospital. Got to hospital just in time, DS2 was born 20minutes later

Thanks
    Reviews
    My labour was quite unexpected. At 39+1 I had a midwife appointment in the morning & they said that I would probably go into labour at 40+2. I popped into my hubby's work to have lunch & went to the local IGA to get stuff for dinner. I am standing at the front of the checkouts talking tithe manager & bam!!! my waters break. The manager thought I was joking until I ran out to the car. I get home, 30 secs later & I am pacing back & forward on the spot thinking what the heck do I do now???

So i call my girlfriend to come & pick me up to take me to the hospital. She asks, 'have you called your hubby?' I reply 'No, I will call you back'. Couldn't get hold of hubby for about 10 mins & when he calls back he has to close up work so my girlfriend came & picked me up.

DS was born the next night. The manager of the IGA sent some flowers with a note 'thanks for not making a mess in aisle 3'. I had been telling them I would do that....nearly did though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    39 + 2 i walked home from tafe, started getting very mild 'twinges' ever 5 minutes, as i am gbs + i went upto the hospital at 10pm, nurse monitored me, 'braxton hicks' home at 12.30 am.

Slept on and off 2 am could not get comfy so sat on the toilet til fob woke up, fob went to work at 3.30 am and i went back to bed.

Fob home at 9.30 then i spent the day sleeping and whinging when i had pain, my mum and sister popped up a few times and didnt think i was in labour.

By 3.30 i had enough, other sister arrived to do a plaster belly cast and i burst into tears, sister said we'd pop up to get checked after cast.

We did the cast, i showered and we went up, midwife confirmed i was having contractions, contacted ob regarding gbs + treatement, ob came at 4.30.

Internal done and at 4.45 pm i was 8 cm dilated pmsl

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keep them coming love hearing about all the different situations

Thanks
    Reviews
    first baby - watching eurovision on tv at 38+2 weeks

second baby - at the footy swans v bulldogs at 38 weeks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mytwowilldo For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mytwowilldo View Post

second baby - at the footy swans v bulldogs at 38 weeks.
    :O bugger that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Who won? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was at home on my edd waiting impatiently for my bestie to tell me she was ready for me to visit her and her newbie...I felt like I might have had something going on so I rang the middies and they said that I should throw my bag in the car when I came to visit my friend and they would check me out.

My son was born 18 hours after my best friend had a daughter: 2;45 am on 40+1

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

kezty  (10-08-2012)