+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default *Bit of fun* how did your labour start??

Hi all,
    Just wondering how everyone's labour began?

I'm 35 wks and ended up in false labour over the weekend. (all good now though)
    So as you can imagine, was not really ready for the whole 'going into labour' experience.

It would have been a funny story if bub had of been born though.
    DH DD and I had gone to the local pub for dinner and the publican had joked that when we were leaving we have our hands even more full nex time he saw us. And thought itd be funny if I went into labour that night...
    Turns out after putting DD to bed and eating our takeaway. BAM labour pains started, contractions came fast and strong 2 mins apart lasting over minute etc. so we were freaking out throwing stuff in the car, completely unorganised etc. but eventually gt on the road.
    Only to be told 4 hrs later that it was all a false alarm. ....:/

So got me thinking about how crazy of a situation 'going into labour' really is

Any funny/crazy stories out there??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    At 38 weeks I remarked to DH 'we could have our baby and be home from the hospital by this time next week'. At 38+1 (Friday) we were talking about what to do on the weekend and I joked that we could have a baby.

6am Saturday morning I woke up bleeding, DS was born at 7.30 on Sunday night.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by juf84 View Post
    At 38 weeks I remarked to DH 'we could have our baby and be home from the hospital by this time next week'. At 38+1 (Friday) we were talking about what to do on the weekend and I joked that we could have a baby.

6am Saturday morning I woke up bleeding, DS was born at 7.30 on Sunday night.
    aaahhh now I'm scared I'm 38w2d....I'm not traveling too far from home over the next 2 weeks lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Newmum2012 For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 37 weeks. I went to the shops in the morning, just felt like something was up so I was home by 9.30am. Was on toilet most of the day and spoke to my partner at lunch and laughingly said 'i thought I was going to have to call you because I thought labor was close'. Sure enough, a few hours later my waters broke and I did have to call him but he was in a meeting!! I spent a panicked 20 mins with a handtowel between my legs waiting for him to call back!! My voice mails were getting more and more panicky.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Poppy30 For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just woke up in the morning feeling period pain type cramps. Nothing that serious. It was 7am and dh was still asleep.
    Didn't feel that serious so I let him sleep.
    When he woke up at half past nine it was getting a bit more serious. Took some painkillers but it didn't help so we rang the midwives and they said to come in if it was bothering me. So in we went. Very uneventful really lol.
    I didn't even really believe that I was in labor until a midwife did some monitoring and said that I actually was heh.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Newmum2012 View Post
    aaahhh now I'm scared I'm 38w2d....I'm not traveling too far from home over the next 2 weeks lol
    Oh no, don't be scared! We'd had a little bit of warning, my Ob had predicted 38+1 at my 36 week appointment (that's when DH and I had our freak out). Hopefully not too much longer for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 38+1 and sitting in bed watching a funny show on Telly. DH had fallen to sleep and I was having a little period type pain....then I wet the bed, well my waters broke. Finally woke hubby and he joked that the show must have been hysterical for me to wet the bed like that. It was him who then noticed the smell.... Of to hospital and 10hrs later DS appeared.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethylou78 For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol DS was born at 2:30 am Friday morning.
    The day before (Thursday morning) I dropped DD at her daycare mothers house and had a joke that today would be a perfect day for bub to come. Then I met up with my sister at the local shopping centre and had a
    Joke with her that it would be the perfect day for baby to come....
    (I am using the bus for transport)
    After an hours bus ride home I make a 6cup amount of raspberry leaf tea and cut half a pineapple, force two pieces in and then sit on the couch... *oh! I have wet my pants and run to the toilet....
    Nope not wee, yep my waters had broken at 40+4!
    Hahhaa the joke was on me...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mines isnt so much funny, but ironic!

At 39+5 we said good bye to our inlaws who were going on a 7 day cruise on EDD and we wouldnt be seeing them before they left.

Before we left my MIL said "You wont be having this baby anytime soon, you'll stil be pregnant when I get back, he'll wait for his nanny".

5PM on my due date, as inlaws were JUST sailing out of Sydney harbour DS was born. I like to think DS did it just so I could say HAH TOLD YA SO!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Uh-Oh For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Had a stretch and sweep done at 11am, waters broke at 3am the following morning whilst in bed. DH had been up watching TV til late that night and had just crawled into bed so we were both awake. I was getting strong pains and had been sitting up in bed massaging myself where she was pushing up against my ribs- felt like she was trying to burst through! I decided to lie back down and then felt a hot gush between my legs... was shocked to find that the fluid DOESN'T stop leaking until birth! It actually refills every 3 hours !!! I spent the next 28 hours having irregular contractions and was finally induced (2 attempts) before she was born 11 days ago, 44 hours after my waters broke! I totally thought labour was imminent the moment my waters broke; rushed to the shower and told DH that it felt like "this one is going to be quick" as my contractions began immediately and were coming every 3 minutes... until we got to the hospital at 4am and they promptly ceased once I was hooked up to the monitor, so I was sent home to wait for the contractions to regulate.. they never did, really.. hence the induction
    So much for a quick labour!
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 09-08-2012 at 17:10.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

kezty  (09-08-2012)