+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Worms!

We have worms!! The kids have happily eaten their "worm chocolate", am wondering if I need to wash sheets/doonas etc??

Also, what do you think childcare policy on this would be? Should I notify them? Exclude them from care? They will probably find out anyway as my 4yo will probably excitedly tell everyone about the worms she saw in her poo and how she ate chocolate to make them go away...

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh worms!! they were a novelty when we all had them too!!

i washed the sheets and cleaned the house after we had our chocolate tablets. mainly because i heard that the eggs can stay alive in fabric (i think, it was a while ago now)

as for child care, i wouldnt bother!! they will probably poo them all out tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate worms, as a child / teen (upto 19) i suffered constant massive worm infections to the point i could not sleep properly as i was itching that bad, despite regular worming / proper hand washing etc etc (no ides why or how).

I eventually stopped the cycle at 19. No idea why it worked but a)i i had almost no contact with the outside world b) did a dose of worming with the orange tablet things (as per instructions ) i didnt wash sheets etc.just treated myself and my then dp, as it worked i think someone i previously lived with must've been a carrier without symptoms

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GuestMember For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You know you have to eat your worm chocolate too, right? But other than that I can't really remember what to do...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    You know you have to eat your worm chocolate too, right? But other than that I can't really remember what to do...
    It actually tasted better than I thought it would, kind of like cooking chocolate! But my husband refused to eat the chocolate, so had to go and buy him the old orange ones.

Sounds like I will need a sunny day tomorrow to wash sheets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just follow recommendations which you can find on the net. Wash hands religiously for next few days, wash sheets and clothes, no towel sharing etc etc.

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was also told to give DS showers instead of baths for a week after worming.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It might sound like a stupid question, but what causes worms? I remember getting them as a kid but dont remember much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, worms Cause worms. They are spread around and around and around the human population. Contrary to popular and incorrect belief they do NOT come from animals.... That is a different species of worm.

Most people who have worms don't even know it... They are very common. The eggs get under your nails and into your mouth, they get into your intestines and hatch into worms... Which then lay more eggs and so the cycle continues.

***Sent from my phone***

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Mod-pegasus  (09-08-2012),tubster  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    Well, worms Cause worms. They are spread around and around and around the human population. Contrary to popular and incorrect belief they do NOT come from animals.... That is a different species of worm.

Most people who have worms don't even know it... They are very common. The eggs get under your nails and into your mouth, they get into your intestines and hatch into worms... Which then lay more eggs and so the cycle continues.

***Sent from my phone***
    Thanks for that, but is it because of lack of hygiene? Or bad food?