God this makes me feel better.
Paper goes over.
Washing HAS to hang a certain way.
I HAVE to kiss the kids before I go to sleep in a certain order.
Beds have to be made a certain way.
Pillows on beds etc have to go in order.
Beds made before I leave the house - even when the cleaner is coming and is going to change them..... sad I know.
Hangers the same way and clothes in colour order.
Lables out in the pantry.
Shoes off at door and rings off on kitchen bench and in to their pot.
Sink spotless every night.
Kids clothes laid out every night for the next day in a certain order and spot.
My list is endless.............. but it keeps me sane.
Agree with Above
1. I have to colour code everything and have everything perfectly folded E.G. my DD and my knickers and DH jocks have to be folded into a square and placed in colour order in our draws. All clothes in draws and in wardrobes including DH and DD have to be in a ROYGBIV colour order. This also includes linen, towels, tupperware, DD plates and sippy cups ETC. Everything has to be the same colour or match the house colours. I HATE DIFFERENT SHADES OF THE SAME COLOUR in a house.
2. Sink and kitchen bench has to be clean. Toilet papet folded over the top in a triangle.
3. Clothes layed out and bags packed in advance, this can be up to a week. My DD has a seperate, and continuesly pack bag for school, Jazz and tap and one for ballet.
4. Beds made immedietly once you get out of it.
5. Pantry and cupboards have a place for everything and will all get pulled out if not put away corrrectly.
6. and the strangest one of all. I have to put toilet paper in the toilet before doing anything. The thought of my wee touching toilet water and still coming out of me freaks me out. I have to silent wee and look in the bowl after i have flushed to ensure it has all gone.
We have to do three kisses each time we say goodbye, hello, any other random kiss time.
When I was little my mum always used to say o,ee,ah,oo and repeat when getting in a hot bath... I can no longer get in a hot bath without chanting this lol
She also used to say 'hands,face,teeth and toilet' before we went to bed. I still have to do it in that order. Even if I go to the toilet just before I do my teeth (which i try not to do!) I have to go again after otherwise I won't sleep.
Doors and curtains HAVE to be closed at night.
Volume is even or multiple of 5
I always have to have at least 2 pieces of paper towel with food
I'm not going to go through my washing and refilling water bottles routine cause it would take too much time but it drives DH insane.
When I'm eating I eat things separately and in a certain order depending on the meal.
If I have burger and chips when we're out I only eat the chips and take the burger home for later - causes lots of arguments cause DH gets jealous that I have food left lol
Wow belliaz it must be time consuming being you I am tired just reading your list.
LadiDah, really, cold burgers?
I love this thread, so many funny ladies
I can't use the same coloured pegs on any one item that gets hung on the line! It erks me and it is ridiculous!
Clothes must be pegged under the arms so not to leave marks where they can be seen.
Last edited by Lauzy83; 18-02-2013 at 15:17.
I have to check the hair straightener several times when I leave the house just incase its on and even if I haven't used it! Drives dh absolutely mad!
I always lock the Car doors when driving in fear of carjacking! Even if dh gets out to get petrol I will lock myself in or tell him to lock me in when he goes in to pay!
I always have to look out the window at night when I go to bed just to see if theres anything happening. I try not to do it but I can't help myself!
I won't go to sleep with the dryer on. Even if the items in the dryer aren't dry yet I have to turn it off. I have had to wash many a load again after its sat in the dryer half wet overnight! I do think everyone is at least a little OCD and if they say they're not, they're lying!
I have to have the notes in my wallet in order - $50, $20, $10 then $5. My cousin has severe diagnosed OCD, its an awful thing to see. It completely rules his life, poor guy.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!