+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What OCD things do you do that are really annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    Thanks to dp, everything must be in fours! (I can settle for twos, but he goes insane it its not in fours. And that's anything - kissing, knocking on a door, how many smarties(etc) he will eat at a time, his bored tapping when I'm taking too long to get ready, you get the point).

Things have to be as I put them! (The cupboards in the kitchen mostly, the fridge I can deal with).

I have to smell cups before I will pour my drink in them.

At my dads there are certain tiles that I HAVE to walk on EVERY TIME D: and walking downstairs there are certain stairs I have to stand on in a certain place. Also the arch into his hallway I always had to hit the top as I walked through (except he's ripped it out now D: )

My clothes on the line have to have the same colour pegs. It used to be that all of them had to have the same colour, but the homeless man who keeps coming round and taking my thrown out fruit takes our pegs too so I have to settle for the one item of clothing having the same colour.
    I get the fruit, but what on earth is he doing with the pegs?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What OCD things do you do that are really annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    I get the fruit, but what on earth is he doing with the pegs?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using BubHub
    The last time I saw him he had the pegs clipped to his bag. Maybe it's like luggage tags to him so everyone knows it's his?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (06-02-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    - toilet paper has to go over the roll not under

ARG I HAVE THIS TOO BUT DP CAN'T STAND IT! Every time we go to the toilet we're both constantly changing it. I do it at my family's place too (was at my Aunty's on the weekend and fixed it for her )

Thanks
    Reviews
    God this makes me feel better.

Paper goes over.
    Washing HAS to hang a certain way.
    I HAVE to kiss the kids before I go to sleep in a certain order.
    Beds have to be made a certain way.
    Pillows on beds etc have to go in order.
    Beds made before I leave the house - even when the cleaner is coming and is going to change them..... sad I know.
    Hangers the same way and clothes in colour order.
    Lables out in the pantry.
    Shoes off at door and rings off on kitchen bench and in to their pot.
    Sink spotless every night.
    Kids clothes laid out every night for the next day in a certain order and spot.

My list is endless.............. but it keeps me sane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with Above

1. I have to colour code everything and have everything perfectly folded E.G. my DD and my knickers and DH jocks have to be folded into a square and placed in colour order in our draws. All clothes in draws and in wardrobes including DH and DD have to be in a ROYGBIV colour order. This also includes linen, towels, tupperware, DD plates and sippy cups ETC. Everything has to be the same colour or match the house colours. I HATE DIFFERENT SHADES OF THE SAME COLOUR in a house.

2. Sink and kitchen bench has to be clean. Toilet papet folded over the top in a triangle.

3. Clothes layed out and bags packed in advance, this can be up to a week. My DD has a seperate, and continuesly pack bag for school, Jazz and tap and one for ballet.

4. Beds made immedietly once you get out of it.

5. Pantry and cupboards have a place for everything and will all get pulled out if not put away corrrectly.

6. and the strangest one of all. I have to put toilet paper in the toilet before doing anything. The thought of my wee touching toilet water and still coming out of me freaks me out. I have to silent wee and look in the bowl after i have flushed to ensure it has all gone.

Thanks
    Reviews

We have to do three kisses each time we say goodbye, hello, any other random kiss time.
    When I was little my mum always used to say o,ee,ah,oo and repeat when getting in a hot bath... I can no longer get in a hot bath without chanting this lol
    She also used to say 'hands,face,teeth and toilet' before we went to bed. I still have to do it in that order. Even if I go to the toilet just before I do my teeth (which i try not to do!) I have to go again after otherwise I won't sleep.
    Doors and curtains HAVE to be closed at night.
    Volume is even or multiple of 5
    I always have to have at least 2 pieces of paper towel with food

I'm not going to go through my washing and refilling water bottles routine cause it would take too much time but it drives DH insane.
    When I'm eating I eat things separately and in a certain order depending on the meal.
    If I have burger and chips when we're out I only eat the chips and take the burger home for later - causes lots of arguments cause DH gets jealous that I have food left lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow belliaz it must be time consuming being you I am tired just reading your list.
    LadiDah, really, cold burgers?
    I love this thread, so many funny ladies

Thanks
    Reviews

I can't use the same coloured pegs on any one item that gets hung on the line! It erks me and it is ridiculous!

Clothes must be pegged under the arms so not to leave marks where they can be seen.
    Last edited by Lauzy83; 18-02-2013 at 15:17.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have to check the hair straightener several times when I leave the house just incase its on and even if I haven't used it! Drives dh absolutely mad!
    I always lock the Car doors when driving in fear of carjacking! Even if dh gets out to get petrol I will lock myself in or tell him to lock me in when he goes in to pay!
    I always have to look out the window at night when I go to bed just to see if theres anything happening. I try not to do it but I can't help myself!
    I won't go to sleep with the dryer on. Even if the items in the dryer aren't dry yet I have to turn it off. I have had to wash many a load again after its sat in the dryer half wet overnight! I do think everyone is at least a little OCD and if they say they're not, they're lying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to have the notes in my wallet in order - $50, $20, $10 then $5. My cousin has severe diagnosed OCD, its an awful thing to see. It completely rules his life, poor guy.