+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So many things you ladies have written is normal to me.... I must be OCD! Lol... Or CDO, it's like OCD but in alphabetical order the way they should be bahaha

I have big pump shampoo and conditioner containers and I have to have the same amount every time I was my hair!

I too hang my clothes in a certain area/way on the clothes line, but I don't use the same coloured pegs (like I said about my mum in a previous OCD thread lol)

All clothes are hung in the wardrobe the same way, in the right way, in styles ie singlets, tees, 3/4 sleeve etc, and each style is colour coded lightest to darkest.

I have to lock my car as soon as I get out... Even if I'll be standing near it for a bit.

Everything has a place in the shopping trolley and on the checkout.

I was my dishes in order.... Bottles, plates, glasses, Tupperware, cutlery and then big things that I can stack on top

When I use paper towel I have to use 2 pieces at a time

I'm sure there's heaps more... I'm a bit strange lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by inbetweeners View Post
    yes i am like this too, my obsession is meat and dairy. with meat before i cook dinner i always smell it and will chuck if i think in my head i can smell something. im sure ive wasted olenty of meat that was safe to eat for fear of some kind of bacteria infiltrating our bodues resukting in illness.
    lol I do that too of course like most women, my sense of smell is heightened when pg and with my DS you would not believe the amount of good meat I threw out bc I would smell it and think that smells funny *throws a $15 steak in the bin*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I use to be a bit OCD but then I had 2 spirited children, they broke me

Actually I do have ONE thing left!! I stack the dishes in the sink in this order (once rinsed) plates an anything flat at the bottom up the back, then bowls/curved dishes so that they fill without any air bubbles. Large utensils (serving and carving/chopping knives) down the left hand side, other utensils at the front glasses/cups around the sides and over the utensils.

Hubby doesn't put anything in the sink he stacks all the dishes on the bench.

Oh and I have the loo roll so it comes over the top, not under if hubby does it the wrong way I change it.

I use to have a lot more!!!
    I do all of this too but I put it down to common sense not OCD lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inbetweeners View Post
    yes i am like this too, my obsession is meat and dairy. with meat before i cook dinner i always smell it and will chuck if i think in my head i can smell something. im sure ive wasted olenty of meat that was safe to eat for fear of some kind of bacteria infiltrating our bodues resukting in illness.
    I do this too
    So many things that were most likely perfectly safe have been thrown out by me - i just did it 10 mins ago actually

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a couple.

I check the locks on the front and back doors about 50 times a night, to the point I've broken the handles of the 2 front doors and the deadbolt on the back door. DH gets so annoyed as he's forever fixing them.

I also check the oven and stove tops a million times after using them. To the point I have to get out of bed several times a night. I've even driven home from work before to check.

I hate it, it really brings me down sometimes how much stupid small things interupt my life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misspumpkin View Post
    So many things you ladies have written is normal to me.... I must be OCD! Lol... Or CDO, it's like OCD but in alphabetical order the way they should be bahaha

I have big pump shampoo and conditioner containers and I have to have the same amount every time I was my hair!

I too hang my clothes in a certain area/way on the clothes line, but I don't use the same coloured pegs (like I said about my mum in a previous OCD thread lol)

All clothes are hung in the wardrobe the same way, in the right way, in styles ie singlets, tees, 3/4 sleeve etc, and each style is colour coded lightest to darkest.

I have to lock my car as soon as I get out... Even if I'll be standing near it for a bit.

I was my dishes in order.... Bottles, plates, glasses, Tupperware, cutlery and then big things that I can stack on top

When I use paper towel I have to use 2 pieces at a time

I'm sure there's heaps more... I'm a bit strange lol
    I do all this! I do the same thing with my fridge and pantry, everything is set out, spreads and condiments in one, another basket for sauce and meal bases, another for baking items, another for spices and nuts. The fridge is the same. All sectioned and categorized. I go nuts if something is in the wrong spot.

I also arrange my wine glasses upside down on the shelf 4 in the back row, 3 in the next, 2 and then one at the front in a triangle shape. I loose it if dp puts them back wrong. I broke a glass yesterday so now it's not even waaaa!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Dish washer has to be packed a certain way mugs together with handles all facing he same way and like items together. I have to fix it if it's not right even at work!

Cutlery is stacked on top of each other with mains and entree cutlery top to tail (knives really annoy me though!.

My lingere draw has seen the work girls laugh at me when shown a photo. I have my bras stacked in colour order cups folded in. Undies are lined up too with 6 piles - 2 rows G-strings lacy and plain, cheeky bum lacy and plain, full brief lacy and plain then I just have gathers and suck em in stuff on side.

I'm also a 'the toilet paper has to go over' girl just looks better!

I think that's enough OCD from me for tonight

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do many things mentioned above.

Also, in the dishwasher, cutlery has to keep to its own compartments in the cutlery basket. Forks all in one section, spoons in another etc. much easier to put away. But DH puts them all anywhere. Grrrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought that this was normal and DH was a wierdo not doing this, turns out maybe not!!!

I also go to the toilet before going to bed, then I will usually play on my phone or read a book for 10 - 15 min but then I need to make sure I go again before I fall asleep.

I need to make sure all our cordless phones are on thier bases before I go to sleep, and if i hop into bed and see that the light is not on on the base beside the bed, i need to get up and find the phone to put it on its base before I can go to sleep.

I have also been known to go back to work, in the middle of the night after being in bed to check that a door is locked, heater is off etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=tormy;6749855]I'm really funny about touching raw meat. Usually I'll wear gloves or use tongs so I don't have to touch it...and I have to cut every bit of fat off the meat before I cool it.

Yes this is me also!!

I also have to smell every bit of food before every bite.. I try my hardest not to and end up doing it more lol..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast