+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much do u drink?

Ok so as the title says: how much do you drink in a day?

I'm not referring to alcohol, just water, juice, tea, coffee etc. do u drink the recommended 2 litres?

The reason I'm asking is coz I've never really been a big drinker, but lately I have not been drinking or thirsty AT ALL

My diet hasn't changed, I'm not eating any more 'juicy' stuff, but I have realized for the past few weeks I have drunk 1-2 small glasses of liquid per day... Some days half a glass...

I am NEVER thirsty... (well hardly ever) and when I drink, it's only because I've realized I need to and I force it down.

Anyone else have this?

DS takes up all my brain, my main focus is him and his needs and often I don't think of my own needs. I eat, but just never get round to pouring that glass of water for myself. I always forget. I wish I was thirsty so I could remember...

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would drink around 3-5 liters of water plus 2-3 cups of tea and maybe 1 diet soft drink

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I drink over 2 litres a day of water. I'm always thirsty, my kids prob drink 3-5 cups of drink a day. Depending on how they feel. I can't make them drink more. They always have it where they can reach it and if they run out they ask for more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    when i used to work i would drink at least 3 litres a day and when pregnant i was good at drinking and while breastfeeding because i was always thirsty but now i find that most days i don't actually have any liquid until about 3 or 4 in the afternoon i know its so bad and my skin is breaking out i think because i'm hardly drinking anything i try to drink but it just never crosses my mind until later in the afternoon when my mouth is a bit dry

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    1.2L of tea
    2L of water
    300mL Nudie 100% OJ

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I don't think they recommend 2 litres a day anymore but can't remember where I read that.
    I have two cups of coffee a day, quite a lot of water at work and a glass of chardy when cooking (probably shouldn't count that lol).

Eta - 8 glasses a day a myth http://theconversation.edu.au/monday...ater-a-day-905

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could it be coz I've recently stopped breastfeeding? Maybe my body think because I'm not lactating that I don't need as much fluid? Maybe my body needs to adjust?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drink about 1-3L of bottled/filtered water a day. I'm always thirsty and I never exercise and sit at a desk in an office for work. I also make sure there is water by my bed at night because I tend to wake up from thirst, have a drink and go back to sleep. I quit drinking coffee in February and I quit chai latte and green tea as soon as I found out I was pregnant.

Edit: I also have milk in the morning with cereal. Sometimes another cup of milk later on during the day. I do not drink soda and rarely drink juice/cordial.
    Last edited by lebrishqt; 09-08-2012 at 09:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I drink over 2litres of water a day easily, probably closer to 4litres. Also 2 cups of coffee/tea. I rarely ever drink soft drink, juice or cordial but I do add fresh lemon juice to my water in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the opposite problem, I usually have a drink nearby but I have to force myself to eat more then once a day (not so much a problem since I've been pregnant, my appetite increased and I am eating three meals and a snack or two every day ).
    I wouldn't worry too much unless you find yourself becoming dehydrated (parched lips, dry skin, headaches, tiredness, etc). Maybe try to set up a routine, so have a glass of water, juice, or whatever you like with every meal. It might also help to leave a small glass on the sink, get in the habit of having a glass of water when you are in the kitchen