+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummajugs28 View Post
    I have had an epi before and that article has scared the pants off me!!!
    Oh I'm sorry that was not my intention! I haven't had one, was just sharing what I'd read as I'm 35 weeks with number two and starting to realize birth is gonna happen soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Oh I'm sorry that was not my intention! I haven't had one, was just sharing what I'd read as I'm 35 weeks with number two and starting to realize birth is gonna happen soon!
    Lol That's ok it seems much of the info I retained last time I was pregnant clearly hasn't stuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummajugs28 View Post
    Lol That's ok it seems much of the info I retained last time I was pregnant clearly hasn't stuck.
    Me either, it's been nearly ten years hahaha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Mummajugs28  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Oh my gosh.... I do NOT want to get this done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a Tear with DD and then an episiotomy with DS.

The tear hurt less and healed faster then the episiotomy. Even though it was a "bad" tear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    This is going to sound totally crazy, my vagina tore 3 ways. Only two tears needed stitches and only one has any noticeable scar tissue, and I swear it didn't hurt (no I wasn't on drugs )

The midwife told me to hold it because I was going to tear and I couldn't care less. Baby. Out. Now.

I'm actually oddly proud I tore. I'm that awesome I got baby out no matter what.

I'd rather tear than be cut.

But if I had the choice between being cut for forcepts or suction.... I'd probably go a csection. I don't like sharp pointy things in or near my vagina.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My midwife says they don't do episiotomys unless it is an emergency ie. babies heart rate dropping and they need to get the baby out immediately. They just let you tear naturally and I have read there's less rate of infection and less problems with natural tears than with episiotomys.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (09-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Here is an Aussie link http://www.mybirth.com.au/intervention/episiotomy.html

I liken it to trying to tear a phone book, pretty hard, give that phone book a snip and it will rip like a tissue.
    Thanks for this URL !!! After researching I definitely do not want an episiotomy!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.mybirth.com.au/birth-stat...ails.php?id=27

The Episiotomy rate is 12.8% and the combined tear and episiotomy is 5.2% at my local hospital. Is that considered low?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just thought I'd chime in with how I've avoided ever needing an episiotomy (or however you spell it), but it should really only be taken with a grain of salt, because I've never gotten my dr's advice or anything, which I'd recommend for anybody else. That's my disclaimer

I only had one very slight tear with my first, but before the baby crowned, the dr massaged the area down there really well. Ever since then, I've made it a practice to massage the area myself leading up to D-day. Two vaginal births later, I never had an episiotomy or any other tears