+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsmeister View Post
    for those switching do you just do a straight switch from one bottle to the next or do you have to do it gradually?
    I switched first thing this morning (when chemist opened) for all feeds, no adverse reaction so far in fact my baby has been much better!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just changed dd first thing in the morning to a new one, we tried Heinz Nurture (sample from chemist) and so far so good.

They have not re-called the product yet, but I had 3 unopened tins and just took them back to Coles today and was given a full cash refund.

Also don't bother calling Nestlé to complain!
    It will fall on deaf ears.

"A NSW Food Authority spokesperson said the body had not received any complaints about the product, but that it was in contact with Nestle about the matter.

The authority encourages consumers to report any incidents of illnesses from consuming the Nestle formula to the NSW Food Authority Helpline on 1300 552 406"

Nestlé's independent testing of the formula came back "Safe"
    Didn't seem to take them very long to run "Extensive tests"
    Everyone of Facebook has now been calling the food authority hotline, so hopefully something will be done soon.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/busin...-1226446958285

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! This happened to us a few weeks ago. Bubs had diarrhea and blotchy skin and we were wondering how he got it.

Then out of the blue our local supermarket ran out of Gold HA 1 and the non HA 1.
    I went down the road and both Coles and Woolies had run out too. So due to necessity we switched to S26 and haven't looked back.

We were a little concerned that the immediate change would have consequences but nup, bubba took to it like icecream...not that he's had icecream...ANYHOO...

Bubs is happy, the mixture is way easier to mix and you don't use as much when preparing a bottle.

I will never use NAN again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, after reading this, i went straight down to the shops last night & got a tin of Bellamy's Organic. Bub seems to like it so far. Is anyone using this formula ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Switched to karicare gold plus yesterday and my happy smiley baby is back! Screaming devil baby has been banished and her skin is not as blotchy and dry on her cheeks. I don't think we'll go back to nan even if they change the formula back..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another NAN HA user here although I stocked up on the old tins while on special so haven't tried the new tins. Regardless I will be switching as I don't want to run the risk of making my baby unwell and miserable. Not sure what I'll use yet.

Shame in Nestlé for one changing the product in he first place and two not recalling it and claiming their product as "safe". Despite how annoyed I am with the company I get the slightest bit of satisfaction when I think about how much $$ they will be losing with people no longer purchasing their rubbish product

Thanks
    Reviews
    i switched to karicare first thing this morning too.. all well!
    i am going to take my unopened tin of NAN back to coles and see if i can get a refund too... dont have my reciept but we will see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I switched to Karicare yesterday for all feeds and haven't looked back. Bub hasn't noticed a difference as far as I can tell, although her poos have returned to fluffy newborn poos which is great- on Nan HA new formula they were sooo hard like wombat pellets! and she is passing alot of wind and has no retained gas so far. All good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What karicare is everyone buying? I'm having bub #2 in September was going to use Nan but not anymore. I was thinking the Karicare HA? Is this available in woolies and coles?

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Last year when DD was born she has severe issues on Nan HA. Severe constipation (the worst the nurses had seen apparently), Aggrivated stomache with colic and vomitting.

We switched her to Nan Pro Gold 1 and she became right as rain a few days later and we have used that since.

I doubt this is because of the formula, but my experience with it means I will not even consider trying it again.