+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default NAN HA users. New formula making babies very Sick?

Has any other HA users found any difference in their babies/toddlers after Nestlé changed the NAN HA packaging and recipe?

I'm a nan ha user and it's the only formula that works well for my DD, she has eczema and bowel issues, I'm just about to start a new tin but after reading this I'm very worried

http://mobile.news.com.au/business/c...-1226445965641

NESTLE is conducting tests on a new baby formula recipe after receiving complaints from parents that it is making their children extremely sick and agitated.

Constant crying, rashes, dark green watery poo, dehydration and vomiting are among the symptoms babies have been experiencing since Nestle's NAN H.A. 1 Gold switched to a "new improved" recipe.

Sarah Wells from Launceston in Tasmania put her 10-week-old son Oliver on the new formula and said she immediately noticed the bad side effects.

“A week after being on the formula, and the second can, Oliver's face broke out in nasty eczema,” Ms Wells told news.com.au.

Ms Wells contacted Nestle, and was told by a customer service representative that babies often have reactions when switching to a new formula, then offered a $50 gift voucher.

Robert Paganin from Blackburn North in Victoria fed the new formula to his six-month-old son Harry for four weeks before he discovered it was making his son sick.

“Within 48 hours of changing he was fine, he was drinking the bigger bottle and finishing it, whereas on the other one he was refusing to drink,” Mr Paganin said.

"I am extremely disappointed and disgusted in Nestle playing with our babies' wellbeing."

Nestle external relations manager Margaret Stuart said the company ran tests when it switched calcium chloride for potassium chloride in the formula recipe.

“This testing did not show anything that could cause the reactions that parents are describing,” Ms Stuart said.

Ms Stuart said that the company takes concerns from parents very seriously, and in response to comments Nestle is running further testing using an independent laboratory in Australia.

“While we do not yet have final results, preliminary results of the microbiological profile indicate no food safety issue,” she said.

In the past six weeks, more than 100 reviews and comments have been posted by angry parents on consumer website Product Review.

“Old recipe was fantastic, new and improved a total disgrace , after 3-4 feeds of Nan H.A. Gold1 my baby was producing dark green liquid poo, excessive wind and restlessness,” posted Brett4646.

Meanwhile Joy16 posted: “We haven't had such terrible days and nights like this before. Our twins cried constantly for 6 hours.”

“It is terrible!! It's even worse when u ring the company and tell them and they still don't take you seriously! My son smells revolting! He cries non stop!,” posted 4babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both my DH and I have commented on my sons eczema rash on his face, his being unsettled and refusing his bottle. We'd put it down to a number of things including being sick with a cold and teething. If you were going to swap formulas - what would you swap to? I think it's worth a try for us to swap and see how he goes on something different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Both my DH and I have commented on my sons eczema rash on his face, his being unsettled and refusing his bottle. We'd put it down to a number of things including being sick with a cold and teething. If you were going to swap formulas - what would you swap to? I think it's worth a try for us to swap and see how he goes on something different.
    your poor DS.

I have no idea which one I will switch to, we haven't opened one o the new cans of NAN HA but all over the net is just parents complaining about how bad the new one is, I'm really not game to try DD on the new tin..

Right now I'm thinking of getting a tin of Karicare HA.
    I'm at a loss on what to do really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used Nan ha with DS and he thrived on it. I'm having bub #2 in September and was going to use Nan ha again but I'm really worried anything similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep I've just been looking and I think I'll try the Karicare HA too - let you know how it goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know what they have changed? I don't have an old tin to compare the portion of ingredients to the new amounts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i don't have kids on formula anymore but i reckon if they are having so many problems with this new one they will probably go back to the old recipe and it will be ok

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tutu & Lulu For This Useful Post:

babyla  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just reading this news article. I hope they get to the bottom of the problem but reading the comments on the article it seems its a common problem which is concerning. I hope your babies are all ok xoxoxxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know anything about novalac formula?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Does anyone know anything about novalac formula?
    Novalac are great. They have an HA formula that comes in a smallish tin. They're a French company and I guess since bf rates are pretty low there they have to have a decent substitute. I used the Sweet Dreams formula for a while for DD and also the diarrhoea one for a short time.