+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    In this scenerio I wouldn't change my lifestyle but would probably plant trees or put up screening
    We rent :/

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    That's what corks were invented for, duh!
    Corks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are you really upset by the peeping? If yes then leave a note in their letter box.

If not then continue on .

Third option is to ramble around naked and chat to them/parents if you see/hear them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Corks?
    Hahahaha to um...plug the dogs hahaha

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (08-08-2012),Mod-Myztik  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My neighbours kids used to do this and it drove me nuts. I noticed they seemed to do it because they wanted a reaction/some attention so i just started completely ignoring them, i wouldn't even look (and i told my kids to ignore them also - usually i would just bring them inside though) - they lasted a couple weeks before they got totally sick of it and never did it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I live in an area where houses are close together and fences are short. If I'm expressing milk at the kitchen table (which has line of sight into the neighbours loungeroom if both have blinds up) I always close my blinds. I don't think the neighbours would intentionally have a look but there's a reasonable chance that there will be an innocent 'look.'.

I suppose what I'm saying is if I live in a place that has poor natural and manmade protection (fencing, trees) then I think the onus is on me to cover up.
    - if you have a tall fence that neighbours couldn't see over unless they were purposely looking over, I'd say that's a different story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Maybe that bamboo stuff that you can take with you? *scratching for ideas*
    Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Hahahaha to um...plug the dogs hahaha
    Ohhh
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    - if you have a tall fence that neighbours couldn't see over unless they were purposely looking over, I'd say that's a different story.
    Yeah we have standard colour bond fences, I wouldn mind if they where just jumping around but they actually stand on the tramp and hang over the fence! I feel like buying nipple tassels lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peeping neighbour kids really bothers me. I think I am a snob. We have kids on both sides. The other day I noticed the kids walking across our front yard to get to their house. It wasn't just cutting across a corner but across our entire front yard. That bothers me. If I am outside with our dog they want to come and play with her, I fact they often knock on the front door and ask to play with the dog. If mt nieces and nephews are over they come over. You can't go out into the yard without being bombarded. It is all pretty harmless really, I shouldn't complain. They just overstep boundaries that I am uncomfortable with. I like my space and I like my home to be my home.

Depending on what your neighbour kids are like I would suggest talking to them. Our neighbour kids were sneaking down driveway and hiding while we were out the back and it was happening a little too often so I told then that they were welcome to come over occassionally, not everyday, and that I didn't like them sneaking down driveway. This seemed to curb them somewhat. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. It is horrible to feel that your home is not your own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get the tassels!! Haha!
    Or talk to their mum. It's an invasion of your privacy.
    ....or get a REALLY good water pistol?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    get the hose ready. lol.