+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Kids peeping over the back fence..

What are your thoughts?
    How would you handle this regular occurrence?
    Do you think it's your responsibility to make sure they don't see anything inappropriate?

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope.. My yard/house my business.

Eta. I'd maybe leave a not in the letterbox informing the parents what the kids are doing and see what happens. If that doesn't work I have no idea tbh.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't be doing anything inappropriate in my back yard to begin with so would probably just wave at them which in turn would most likely make them run away as they've been noticed

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OM For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    Nope.. My yard/house my business.

Eta. I'd maybe leave a not in the letterbox informing the parents what the kids are doing and see what happens. If that doesn't work I have no idea tbh.
    This. My back(ish) neighbour expected me to wear clothes in my house, as her (tween/teen) boys were seeing me in my undies when jumping on the trampoline. You know how my house is, all glass at the back. I told her to teach her sons respect and tell them not to look over my fence, or I will call the police.
    It's my house, I will do and wear what I want to.
    Last edited by Guest1234; 08-08-2012 at 19:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol I glanced at the subject and I thought it was 'peeing' not peeping over the fence. Anyhoo, peeing would be worse, but peeping is still a bit creepy and they might need a gentle reminder on manners...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jenemi For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My house, my choice.

Our back neighbour smokes weed in his backyard every day but we haven't done anything because it's his yard.

The most outlandish things we'd do in our backyard is perhaps drop some choice swear words when we are having a drink on the back deck...... The kid over the back peeps over the fence all the time - but it's usually to try and pull the moves on my 5 year old (he's 5 too and in lurve!)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends how old they are and how rude it is.
    If they're little, and just curious, I'd let it go. Older, and being annoying, tell the parents, but nicely.

When we first moved in, we were building the dog runs, so the dogs were inside.
    Over the fence at the end of the property were 5 kids, ranging from about 2 to 10. The older three boys would poke their heads over the fence, yell 'insults {"poopyface!" "crap breath!"} and then run back to their house.

They'd throw things like sticks and leaves over the fence, and then bolt back to their house.
    I went over to their house and introduced myself; their mother's opinion was "kids will be kids, I don't think it's a problem"

I got realllllyy sick of it when I came outside and found them aiming sticks at DD, who was playing in her pretend house. A gumnut hit her in the face and she was bawling her eyes out, but the kids would jump up on the fence, laugh, scream "GOTCHA!" and run back.

One day I stood at the back door and watched them get rowdy. They were getting cocky because I hadn't moved from the door or said anything. Eventually the two eldest got their confidence up so high that they swung their legs over the fence, sat on top of it and flipped me off.

I opened the back door, called the dogs and let them out.

The first time they'd been in the backyard, and they were excited.

They took one look at four gigantic dogs thundering down the slope, barking and leaping around, and those kids were gone for a sixer.

They were off that fence like greased lightning, screeching and wailing.

By the time I got to the back fence and looked over it, the back door to their house was still swinging.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (08-08-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah my back sliding door faces my back fence, you can see my kitchen table from it and I do just wear undies and a shirt some days plus I boob DD at the table 99% of the time.

They got a huge tramp for Christmas and they keep hanging over the fence just having a gawk, it really annoys me! If they were after someone to play with it would be a different story!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Depends how old they are and how rude it is.
    If they're little, and just curious, I'd let it go. Older, and being annoying, tell the parents, but nicely.

When we first moved in, we were building the dog runs, so the dogs were inside.
    Over the fence at the end of the property were 5 kids, ranging from about 2 to 10. The older three boys would poke their heads over the fence, yell 'insults {"poopyface!" "crap breath!"} and then run back to their house.

They'd throw things like sticks and leaves over the fence, and then bolt back to their house.
    I went over to their house and introduced myself; their mother's opinion was "kids will be kids, I don't think it's a problem"

I got realllllyy sick of it when I came outside and found them aiming sticks at DD, who was playing in her pretend house. A gumnut hit her in the face and she was bawling her eyes out, but the kids would jump up on the fence, laugh, scream "GOTCHA!" and run back.

One day I stood at the back door and watched them get rowdy. They were getting cocky because I hadn't moved from the door or said anything. Eventually the two eldest got their confidence up so high that they swung their legs over the fence, sat on top of it and flipped me off.

I opened the back door, called the dogs and let them out.

The first time they'd been in the backyard, and they were excited.

They took one look at four gigantic dogs thundering down the slope, barking and leaping around, and those kids were gone for a sixer.

They were off that fence like greased lightning, screeching and wailing.

By the time I got to the back fence and looked over it, the back door to their house was still swinging.
    We need a dog. One that doesn't poop preferably.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    We need a dog. One that doesn't poop preferably.
    That's what corks were invented for, duh!