+ Reply to Thread

Default Employer not paying me correctly

I've been paid incorrectly 8 times this year.

It's become weekly now. They are refusing to pay me for two shifts I did five weeks ago because apparently "full and part time staff don't get different rates on Thursday or Saturday". It's clearly stated on our Wage Schedule that we do, and it has been like that for years.

They also didn't pay me for a whole week of annual leave until a week after I complained. $500 of underpayment. I was then underpaid $300 again.

This week I have now been underpaid $150. I'm really getting angry now. I've spoken payroll, area manager and my store manager. Payroll just seems to be paying me what they feel like rather than what's written on the wage book.

What can be done about this? I want the money I have rightfully earned and I'm disgusted that the company is treating me this way now after everything I've done for them.

Join a union...

They won't help with past issues, but if they do it again, the union will be able to help you.

Sounds like they are not going to get it right anytime soon though.. Bah!

Similar Threads

1. Can your pre-schoolers pronounce all the letters correctly?
    By MsMummy in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 09:23
  2. When should you tell your employer?
    By Johanna1980 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-04-2012, 20:13