+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need advice for 10week Olds naps

Hello, I'd appreciate some input from moms on my baby boys nap time, he sleeps fine at night but has trouble napping in the day for every single nap. He wakes every 5-10 mins crying. I thought he and I were both going mad. At first I tried to soothe and pay him but it didn't work so I actually called in a sleep consultant to see what she had to say. She said that he's waking because he's got wind and I need to burp him more. So I am doing that and also giving him some brauers colic relief but it's not helping much, he still keeps waking. Literally every five to ten minutes, and everytime I pick him up and burp him, he does have gas coming up most of the time. And I am exhausted trying to get the wind out of him. Are there any suggestions? What I can do? I already burp him the best I can during and after feeds. I give him the brauers when he wakes screaming. Should I give him
    The brauers before the feed?

Otherthings I would like to know is, some people have suggested gripe water. What's the difference between that and a colic relief like brauers?

Also, does anyone know why this wind issue only seems to affect him during the day time? He does really well at night.

Other things I am currently doing are chiro for the baby but I don't think there's been any improvement. He's only been for two sessions so perhaps it will take more time?

Id appreciate any ideas. I can see the poor thing is exhausted and frustrated because he wants to sleep but can't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing, dd is 12 weeks, and exactly the same!

I've also learnt not to feed her to sleep, if she feeds to sleep, she doesn't burp and it's SO much worse.

My dd also farts all the time. Passing wind is also painful for her, passing wind in her sleep wakes her.

I give infacol, but will try another product if anyone says it's better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to use both infocol and infants friend together between breasts (or put in bottle)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Preggasaurus, I'm sorry to hear that you're in the same boat as I am! How are you coping? At the moment my mother in law is here helping out and living with us but she's leaving in two weeks and as much as I'd like to have the house back to myself, I'm worried I won't be able to manage on my own with the baby and housework. What sorts of things are you doing to manage?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like silent reflux to me. DS was the same, he slept ok at night for a while because he was just so exhausted from not sleeping during the day. See your GP or paed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mums,
    I know you mentioned burping during feeds but have you tried a burp about 5 mins in? My DS was such a guts he'd guzzle as soon as he latched on and would get terrible wind. I also learnt to lift him slowly up as he'd get a sore tummy if I pulled him up quickly to burp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to the pharmacy (again!!!) today and was recommended Brauers Stomach Calm to try. At this point I'll give anything a go!

DO you think it might make a difference if I hold him for like 10-15 mins after he's fallen asleep before putting him in the cot?? At the moment I don't have any trouble getting him to sleep cos he's so yawny but doesn't stay asleep. Does it make any difference at all?

Tellybell is offline 2nd time round -still amazed about the first one
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Have any of you ladies heard of wonder weeks? It basically suggests there are certain weeks in babies progress that they become unsettled, extra clingy etc. my youngest is 12 weeks (9.5w adjusted) and she has started being the same during day naps but still only wakes once a night and she is in the middle of a growth spurt and a wonder week. My first daughter was exactly the same, my mothers group would all start posting about the same things and we would look it up and it was a wonder week, lol.
    Basically a wonder week is a time when they are experiencing a huge development and there little brains and bodies are adjusting. You can find out more by downloading the wonder weeks app or I think there is a book.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing - same here with my 9 week old DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the wonder weeks app oon my phone but I'm confused about the weeks. My baby is now ten weeks and he was born full term 38 weeks instead of 40 weeks so iI'm not sure if I'm still supposed to sstill enter his estimated due date rather than his actual birthdate? Anyway he started going mad with his naps from about seven weeks and it's now ten weeks and he's still the same