+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Does anybody have some bit of their body that they hate, but it's a bit irrational?

I am 8 months' pregnant, and my naval has gone outwards to reveal a small, dark skin tag in the centre of my naval. It's maybe 2mm long x 1mm wide, and only visible when heavily pregnant.

I hate it so much. It reminds me of a small penis. I'm thinking of going to the doctor and having it taken off, but I don't really want a needle put in around that area when pregnant, and when I'm not pregnant it won't be visible anymore.

10 years ago, I had a tiny flat wart on the sole of my foot that caused me no pain and was not visible but I got that thing frozen off immediately as it freaked me out.

Surely other people may have some small body thing which causes them irrational feelings.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it's that small you should be able to have it frozen off, just like your wart .

After I had DS3 I had a skin tag at the very top of my thigh, kind've where it meets your bum. OK, it was even a bit more intimate than that. I hated it SO much, I couldn't get to the doctor fast enough! DH knew something was up but I was so grossed out by it I couldn't bring myself to tell him about it, even after it was gone!
    Last edited by lambjam; 08-08-2012 at 14:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, all the parts of my body i hate are for very obvious and big reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LOL sorry but it is a bit funny. i know what you mean though. i have a little skin tag on the underside of my arm it drives me nuts so the other day i pulled it off it hurt like freaking buggery and it bleed for ages and ages i think i've learnt my lesson just to leave them now. at least yours is only noticeable when heavily pregnant it could be worse

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would seriously swap heads if I could. Oh actually I do have a tiny bump on the back of my leg that drives me nuts. DP had to stop me one day from going to the chemist to buy some of that wart-off stuff in an attempt to get it off. It's not even a wart, not sure what it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, but I'm not gonna say what coz people here will just be mean about it.
    Last edited by Guest1234; 08-08-2012 at 14:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh, frozen off. I didn't think of that. I wonder if the doctor will think I'm crazy...

My partner has no time for skin tag/small penis problem (thinks I am being ridiculous), so I can't complain to him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha ... At the penis analogy!!

I have lost my big toenails due to sports - I have only just realised that I can paint the nail bed and it stays on so it gives the illusion of a nail - but dog gammit I was uncomfy wearing closed in shoes during summer!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have lost nearly 55kg now.
    And I have horrid loose skin on my arms I'm extremely self conscious of it.
    I also have quite a few strech marks (not from pregnancy) on parts of my body due to me being quite heavy (my biggest weight was 130kgs, I'm only 155cm tall)

I have been working so hard to try and "Tone" this loose skin! But nope it will not budge
    I'm giving myself 2 years and if by then I have kept all the weight off and with all my hard work the skin has not "toned" then Dh and I have agreed I will be going in for surgery to have it removed.
    My stomach also has handfuls of loose skin due to weight loss, it's extremely uncomfortable but doesn't bother me as much as my arms and my stomach is slowly starting to "Tone up"

I hate hate hate my arms!
    I quite often think it was a total waste of time loosing weight as this loose skin is just depressing.
    But I know my health is better for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    Yeah, but I'm not gonna say what coz people here will just be mean about it.
    (I think I know what you are talking about - but you have nothing to worry about).