+ Reply to Thread

Default Prince of wales private or Royal hospital for women? Advice on private rooms please

I am pregnant with number 4. I had my first three at RHW with a private OB and private room. This time I am considering going to POWP but have heard that most people are in a shared room for the first 24 hours. Since I went home after 48 hours the last two times, I really would prefer 48 hours in one room instead of moving after 24 hours.
    Does anyone have any recent experience at the Prince of Wales private? Did you have a private room the whole time? If not, what was it like sharing a room? Was it disruptive to you and bub?
    Thanks for your advice.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Prince of wales private or Royal hospital for women? Advice on private rooms please

I had DD at POWP in Dec. I had a private room the whole time - in fact we had a double bed so DH could sleep with me which was lovely The big spa baths in the delivery suite were nice as well.

Similar Threads

1. Choosing private or public hospital if having private health care?
    By purnima81 in forum Private Health Insurance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28-11-2012, 03:11
  2. private hospital closed maternity unit so how does private work in public hospital?
    By millsmum in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 14:44
  3. Royal Womens Hospital Randwick - Private Patients
    By angenrod in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2012, 17:04