+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Full time Uni VS part time Uni - Midwifery at ACU

Ok so I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to this so please bare with me.

I have applied to ACU Brisbane part time to do a Bachelor of Midwifery starting 2013. Does anyone have experience in part time Uni and can shed some light on how often I will need to physically be at the Uni to attend lectures/tutors?

And on the flip side of that, how often for full time?

I'm trying to work out if it's just best to do it at one in the 3 years if feasible.

Thanks if you can help me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it is very dependent on the course you are studying. I am doing Speech Pathology and did 1st year part time. I was able to do the first year of that (so half the 1st yr units) online, then I had to start going on to campus. I managed to get all of that on to 1 day a week, but I think I also just got lucky with my timetable.

This year I am full time and I am there 3 days a week. I still have to listen to a couple lectures online though. I have to say, internally is probably easier than online - it is easier to stay on top of things.

I think if you look for your course structure (mine is on my uni website under the course information), it may have a list of all the units for each year. I was able to click on these and see whether they could be taken internally or externally and I found it really useful when working out what was realistic to expect.

Hope that helped

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Schmetterling82, I will see what I can find in the website