+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default So confused about it all

I had my 12 week ultra sound just over a hr ago. I saw her little heart beating, I was so happy, iv had a bay feeling about this pregnancy for some time now, not one person believed me when I said I think something is wrong, they all said I was just being a worry wart.... Turns out my babies skin on the back of the neck is way to thick, I have to get a sample taken of the placenta. I think about what I did wrong to cause this on my baby? I am feeling so guilty. I need to make a choice, I know that much, and I'm pretty sure I know what I'll chose... I think it would be for the best, I have to worry about 2 other little people as well. I have to wait till Friday to see me doctor now so he can referee me to the ante natel clinic even tho I have my appt booked and everything for the end of the month. I feel so alone, I havnt told my parents yet, I don't know what to say to them. How would I word it? How would they react? They live on the other side of aus. I am all alone. I never thought this would happen to me, or ild be in this position to make this choice... How will I move forward from this? What happens next? I'm just left here till Friday with all these confusing thoughts running thro my head... I'm jealous of my friend who is having a health bub in december... I'm jealous of my fb group I know I shouldn't be... But I am... Why me? Why this poor helpless baby? I'm jealous at the dad he dosnt understand, he said he will support my choice what ever it is and not to worry till the results of the placenta come back... But how am
    I not to worry? Would this be classed as a baby already? What do I do after if I abort her? Where does she go? How will they do it? I'm so Friken confused!!!! I just wanna scream an cry and punch something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bonkers - what was the measurement for the nuchal fold? and did they give you your risk ratios?

And - There is nothing that you have done to this baby to cause any potential problems. If there is something wrong that they have detected on an NT scan then it's a chromosomal thing that you had ABSOLUTELY no control over. You can't blame yourself.

Hugs
    Last edited by Grebbeci; 08-08-2012 at 14:08.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwww sending you massive hugs xxx

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know the measurement but I was high risk.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Big hugs lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
    I don't know the measurement but I was high risk.
    High risk is anything greater than 1:300.
    I know what it's like to be high risk and your brain instantly stops comrehending anything else that comes up.
    Don't jump to any conclusions, go to the appointment with your Dr. Ask what your risk levels were, make the decision on the CVS or amnio then. Wait on the results from that test before you decide what to do.

Take a breath, you've got a lot going on at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just called the lady, she only gave me the risk numbers. It's 1 in 38 chance of being downs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Massive hugs

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Have the amnio and go from there sweetie. There is still a 37/38 chance that it doesn't. Give yourself some time to process.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Grebbeci For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (08-08-2012)