+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hahaha i just realised that i pick up my kids everyday barefooted.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (08-08-2012)

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lately I have been slack and doing kinder drop/pick up in trackies and no makeup plus I have five months of regrowth *gasps. I think I'm rebelling because my sis told me I really need to get my hair done not in the nicest way. I cannot be bothered with mummy judgement on my appearance.
    Wear your wedges and be proud!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Dont bag out the mums who are 'dressed up' .....you have no idea if they have done it purposely or that is just how they feel they want to look when in public.

Dont bag out the mums who are 'dressed down' .....you have no idea if they have had a rough night/morning/day/week etc.
    Agreed. It's just an extension of the mummy wars. You dress up, you are trying too hard, you dress down, you're a lazy sloth. Seems there's no winning

It depends on what's going on for me. DD now catches the bus, but when I do pick her up, or DS from pre school, you may see me in trackies and a hoodie and my nikes. You may see me in jeans and a tank top, or a nice set of trousers and nice top. I could care less what the others think of me. Luckily we have a wonderful public school where everyone dresses casual and there's isn't this stupid competition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just wear sunglasses..makes life easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Right, so it's not too dressy or you'll alienate the frumpy mums, not too daggy or you won't fit in with the dressy/corporate mums, not too sexy or you won't be allowed near the dads on pick up duty, not too edgy or you will scare someone (a la lynch mob with burning torches etc)....so that leaves this
    LMAO

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Where can I get those shoes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet View Post
    This has been interesting. I will continue to dress how I like, regardless of the "mummy mafia" (scary, never heard that one before!). Shallow as it sounds, I dress nicer on days I feel tired or flat because it helps me feel a bit better about myself.

Incidentally, in case anyone is curious, these are the offending shoes...

http://downthatlittlelane.com.au/att...000&width=2000
    Ohhh I've just clicked on the link to the shoes.

If you turned up at our school gate you'd be mobbed for details on where you got them.

Ignore the bishy ladies. Noone is like that unless they have their own issues - generally enormous insecurities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    At home I wear trackies and uggs and always get changed for the school runs. Nothing fancy (like stilletos!) but always with a bit of flair and some make up (lipstick, bit of eyeliner, mascara and bronzer-takes 2 minutes).

I say wear your damn wedges and feel good about it! Nothing feels as good as wearing a new pair of shoes

Thanks
    Reviews
    So basically, everyone thinks the same way I do on this! Good to know I wasn't being naive, just a couple of bad eggs in the bunch!

Anyone who wants details on the shoes, I'm happy to PM you! (don't know what the rules are about posting the site I bought them from.)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet View Post
    So basically, everyone thinks the same way I do on this! Good to know I wasn't being naive, just a couple of bad eggs in the bunch!

Anyone who wants details on the shoes, I'm happy to PM you! (don't know what the rules are about posting the site I bought them from.)
    Please PM me