+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet View Post
    This has been interesting. I will continue to dress how I like, regardless of the "mummy mafia" (scary, never heard that one before!). Shallow as it sounds, I dress nicer on days I feel tired or flat because it helps me feel a bit better about myself.

Incidentally, in case anyone is curious, these are the offending shoes...

http://downthatlittlelane.com.au/att...000&width=2000
    Aw too cute. Jealous! Wish my clompy-post-pregnant feet would fit in those!

And blah to the mummy mafia. What interesting and fulfilling lives they must all lead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Those mums who made the shoe comment sound a bit jealous.

How do the other mums know what you're doing for the day? You might be on your way out to lunch or to work or something?

I'm not a mum but i picked up my niece up from kindy last week and i did come straight from work and was a bit dolled up for work in a veronica maine dress and high ankle boots and i did get a few greasy's from the other mums. I kinda don't get it, what does sit matter if you pick ur kids up in trackies or nice stuff?...

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Right, so it's not too dressy or you'll alienate the frumpy mums, not too daggy or you won't fit in with the dressy/corporate mums, not too sexy or you won't be allowed near the dads on pick up duty, not too edgy or you will scare someone (a la lynch mob with burning torches etc)....so that leaves this

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

AreWeThereYet  (08-08-2012),delirium  (08-08-2012),moongazer  (08-08-2012),NancyBlackett  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No but my girls go to a school with a lot of brand name cannot leave the house without make up mothers. Most are perfectly made up even when wearing their gym wear which I learned had to be Lorna Jane lol

I have dressed up twice in three years and got a positive reaction but it seems to get worse as they progress up the grades so will probably be a different story next year.

I dress like a tradie so really do not fit in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Right, so it's not too dressy or you'll alienate the frumpy mums, not too daggy or you won't fit in with the dressy/corporate mums, not too sexy or you won't be allowed near the dads on pick up duty, not too edgy or you will scare someone (a la lynch mob with burning torches etc)....so that leaves this
    looks like you've got it just right!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I already get a skittish, sideways look from people when I'm wearing work clothes after hours on the way home. People see what I'm wearing before they see that I'm just a person in a uniform.
    Dropping DS off at school in the mornings and afternoons is going to be... Fun. At least I won't have to worry about people judging what I wear because I don't get a choice in it, and most people are intelligent enough to realise that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet View Post
    This has been interesting. I will continue to dress how I like, regardless of the "mummy mafia" (scary, never heard that one before!). Shallow as it sounds, I dress nicer on days I feel tired or flat because it helps me feel a bit better about myself.

Incidentally, in case anyone is curious, these are the offending shoes...

http://downthatlittlelane.com.au/att...000&width=2000
    I. Want. Those. Shoes.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

AreWeThereYet  (08-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is none of this at my daughter's school and I am so glad because I had been warned of the 'mummy mafia' by friends who's kids go to other schools and it's just non existing at the school my daughter goes to.

The mum's wear a range of different clothing...ugg boots and a jumper, gym gear, 'just been gardening and realised it was time to do school pick up so I'm filthy' clothes, we have the mum's who are more 'out there' in their clothing attire and people only comment if you're wearing something that isn't normal for you but never in a negative way..just conversation starters like 'oh you look more dressed up today than you usually are, have you been somewhere exciting today?' kind of stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only mum that raises eyebrows at DDs school is a mum that always has a clearly visible camel-toe lol! Every day!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mum2EandR For This Useful Post:

AreWeThereYet  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL rules? I have been bare foot before, in slippers, in short shorts while it was freezing and everyone else was in jackets and jeans.

I couldnt give a rats what I wear. Most of the mums at our school though are muslim so its not like its a compatition around there and I love that.