+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Being non-government, very few parents are SAHPs so wear whatever was worn to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I guess it depends on what school. I used to pick my sister up for my mum and I would laugh to myself at the sahm who dressed in corporate wear to do drop offs and pick ups.

I wear what ever. If I want to wear wedged boots I do but mostly wear thongs or ballet flats. I HATE that the area we are in there is so much competition In what mums wear.
    Last edited by daysta112; 08-08-2012 at 15:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This has been interesting. I will continue to dress how I like, regardless of the "mummy mafia" (scary, never heard that one before!). Shallow as it sounds, I dress nicer on days I feel tired or flat because it helps me feel a bit better about myself.

Incidentally, in case anyone is curious, these are the offending shoes...

http://downthatlittlelane.com.au/att...000&width=2000

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AreWeThereYet View Post
    This has been interesting. I will continue to dress how I like, regardless of the "mummy mafia" (scary, never heard that one before!). Shallow as it sounds, I dress nicer on days I feel tired or flat because it helps me feel a bit better about myself.

Incidentally, in case anyone is curious, these are the offending shoes...

http://downthatlittlelane.com.au/att...000&width=2000
    They are really cute, totally school appropriate.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gorgeous shoes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I love those shoes and they would have looked great with jeans and a jacket. I have no idea why those mums would be so nasty, aside from jealousy. Don't let it stop you from dressing up and feeling good about yourself in the future, just keep walking past those snobs with your head held high

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Being non-government, very few parents are SAHPs so wear whatever was worn to work.
    Why would the school being non govt mean that fewer are SAHP's?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OM For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (08-08-2012),squirrelex  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh man I adore our school. Mums come in anything, drive or push anything and noone snarks at anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i feel ya on this subject, i have tattoos on my forearms and i know how judgmental some woman can be, i suggest picking up your kids in whatever you feel comfortable in. All mothers need to understand that anyone picking up their child is doing the same job that you do, how they are in dress sense is no ones concern....unless....its a bit too revealing for kids to see then i also suggest covering up a little.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gabby85 For This Useful Post:

AreWeThereYet  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mums at our school judge with their eyes but never say anything. It's the worst! I dress in gym pants and a comfy jumper most of the time but other mums who get quite dressed up get stared down - It has to be jealousy because I think they look gorgeous!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast