+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, appreciate the input.

Don't get me wrong, I have my fair share of tracksuit pant and sneaker days, but I really don't think it makes a difference!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ah the mummy mafia how i DON'T miss them.

I don't walk my son in to school in the mornings so I quite often just throw a jumper over my pj top, throw on a pair of trackies and my slippers. I'm not getting out of the car do I don't care.

In the afternoons I wear either trackies and runners or jeans and a tshirt. Sometimes my hair's 'done' an others it's still wet from my shower lol.

The last school DS was at, the mummy mafia were horrible. I hadn't encountered it at this school at all. It's not cliquey at all and it seems that most mums here aren't stuck in high school mentality.
    Last edited by HugsBunny; 08-08-2012 at 12:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wear what I feel like wearing. Sometimes I'm dressed nicely on my way and other times I'm in trackies and a hoodie ready to spend the day at home cleaning and doing the mum thing. To be totally honest I have no idea what the other mums wear. I take no notice cause I couldn't care less really

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

AreWeThereYet  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my sister was young she ruled that my dad wasn't allowed to pick her up wearing his king gee shorts if he had been at home doing yard work and things like that. She was all of about 8 and apparently his attire was totally embarrassing haha.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMac For This Useful Post:

AreWeThereYet  (08-08-2012)

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    clothes is often a good choice.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

AreWeThereYet  (08-08-2012),Blue&Pink  (08-08-2012),Jakois  (08-08-2012),Mod-Myztik  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are a couple of celebrity mums in DD's class - one the ex of a well-known underworld figure, one the wife of a well-known sports personality. I think this has acutally neutralised the "mummy mafia" outside the classroom, as we are all just so grateful that we can do what we like and not have the pressure of being in the public eye like they are.

That said, I only deal with it once a week, DD is at before/after care the rest of the time. Who knows what happens the other days...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMac View Post
    When my sister was young she ruled that my dad wasn't allowed to pick her up wearing his king gee shorts if he had been at home doing yard work and things like that. She was all of about 8 and apparently his attire was totally embarrassing haha.

Haha same for my brother but it was my dad driving his truck to the school totally not cool enough apparently!!! Was my dads only eat to get him at the time. My brother used to make him park 2 streets away and wait for him there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds terrible So rude

I personally won't leave the house without dress pants/jeans on with a nice top. I used to have black track pants that were ok also but I wouldn't wear my grey ones out of the house (I clean in them so they are stained and a bit grotty).
    I'm not a fan of wearing t-shirts (the collar is usually too close to my throat, which I just can not stand ), and blouses are too stiff and restrictive. I like pretty, stretchy, and loose shirts. Its just my personal style (and what I'm most comfortable in) but I have also been asked where I'm going or why I'm so dressed up. Especially here in the bush, I often felt under dressed in the city .

I'm still years off taking the kids to school, but I'm crossing my fingers that I get a decent group of Mums

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hahaha, I do judge some mums, when I had kids in school there would be groups of orange mothers in lycra and full make up, looking like they were headed to the oompa loompa lycra night club at 9am.

They'd do pick up's in the same outfits, so I don't think they were working out either...

I will be the one with the smart top and the pyjama pants hidden inside the car.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (08-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no I won't cope with this at all. I'm too busy to care what other mums are doing/wearing/saying. I'll be coming straight from whatever I was doing to get him. Although my friend has been taking her daughter to school in uggs and trackies. She caught a glimpse of herself and said its time to make an effort lol. She's normally very well dressed too.